Something wrong with SHIFT and CTRL keys?

Devrim

My problem has started a few updates before.

In multiplayer, to type something I hit LSHIFT+TAB. It opens and I type something. I hit TAB again to close type mode and keep fly.

But again I hit LSHIFT+TAB, only chat messages show up - no type mode, unless I touch CTRL key. Weird.

I thought something wrong on my side. I enter CONTROLLERS page and go to UILayer section.

I hit LSHIFT+TAB, TAB, LCTRL+TAB, TAB, LSHIFT+TAB again LCTRL+TAB etc. etc.  - it works!

DCS responses immediately in Controllers page. LShift and LCtrl works great.

But, in-game, after one time LSHIFT worked, at second hit it won't work.

If I hit LCtrl, then Lshift will work for one time.

Am I only one?

Thanks.

Edited by Devrim

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

My problem has started a few updates before.

In multiplayer, to type something I hit LSHIFT+TAB. It opens and I type something. I hit TAB again to close type mode and keep fly.
But again I hit LSHIFT+TAB, only chat messages show up - no type mode, unless I touch CTRL key. Weird.

I thought something wrong on my side. I enter CONTROLLERS page and go to UILayer section.
I hit LSHIFT+TAB, TAB, LCTRL+TAB, TAB, LSHIFT+TAB again LCTRL+TAB etc. etc.  - it works!
DCS responses immediately in Controllers page. LShift and LCtrl works great.

But, in-game, after one time LSHIFT worked, at second hit it won't work.
If I hit LCtrl, then Lshift will work for one time.
Am I only one?

Thanks.
No, you're not alone. I'm seeing this as well. And other users have reported controls getting stuck when entering chat.
Seems LShft somehow getting stuck.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Oh thanks.

I'm experiencing many weird things in DCS and generally I see that it's only me, and I have to solve it by myself.

I thought this is one of them. 😄

Thanks for feedback.

Edited by Devrim
  • Like 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I think the system behaves a little unexpectedly. Shift-tab is for changing chat mode to all. Once the chat is set to all mode you don't get the same behavior from shift-tab as you got when it was in allies mode. The same applies to ctrl-tab and allies mode. If the chat is not in allies mode then it will both switch to allies mode and open the text input prompt. If chat is already in allies mode then ctrl-tab will not open the text input prompt.

There doesn't exist an action which always opens the text input. What's also weird is that the actions don't do what one would expect by their label.

1. Multiplayer chat - mode All
  2. Multiplayer chat - mode Allies
  3. Multiplayer chat read/write all

#2 and #3 actions open the chat in allies and all modes respectively (only if those actions are done from the opposite mode). #1 action only toggles the chat display and never allows text input. I put each command on keys '1' '2' and '3' respectively to ensure independent operation. When opening the text input with '2' and '3' keyboard keys the digit 2 and 3 were entered into the text input which is unfortunate behavior.

EDIT: By setting the commands to 1, 2, 3 I was able to get semi-reliable text input prompt on one action. There does seem to be an issue by sharing the three actions all using 'tab' but with/without modifiers. For example action #2 (ctrl-tab) results in text input the first time and then all subsequent presses simply toggles the chat like using action #1 (tab). However if I assign '2' to action #2 then multiple presses toggles the text input every time. I even tried fully releasing ctrl modifier between ctrl-tab actions and still get different behavior than when that action is just assigned keyboard key '2'.

Edited by Frederf

Thank you Frederf.

But I also having this problem:

I changed "kneeboard" ON/OFF key to: LShift+< (It's called OEM something.)

Apart from the chat typing problem, I'm having problem to open kneeboard with this LShift+< keybinding.

That's why I'm pretty sure something wrong with Lshift and LCtrl keys.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...