QUAL: ATT NOT OK Message

FupDuck

Hi there,

I'm pretty new to the Harrier. When using the autostart sequence, I sometimes (most of the time) get this error on the EHSD:

"QUAL: ATT NOT OK"

When this happens, nothing navigation-related works. The map usually doesn't show up and waypoints aren't selectable. Any tips on how to fix this or avoid it from happening?

Thanks!

Screen_210820_165835.jpg

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

The thing is, it doesn't finish. It stays like that for the whole mission. The timer below eventually just stops and it stays like this.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

3 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

The thing is, it doesn't finish. It stays like that for the whole mission. The timer below eventually just stops and it stays like this.

Are you moving the a/c before alignment is complete?

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

Ok thanks you guys! I will try it again without doing anything to move the aircraft, and if it does like I described, I'll save and upload the track file. 

Question though: does it matter that I'm on a moving aircraft carrier when starting up? 

Yes it does, but there is another solution for that. For the alignment on carrier, you need SINS cable (ask for ground power, that will connect it) to complete alignment. After the cable is connected, you choose SEA INS alignment and wait for it to finish.

Like others have mentioned before, aircraft shouldn't move AT ALL during the alignment. Even loading weapons on should throw off the INS alignment process, so when you start the alignment DO NOT move the aircraft at all. Load weapons before aligning or after.

On 8/22/2021 at 7:25 AM, Vakarian said:

Yes it does, but there is another solution for that. For the alignment on carrier, you need SINS cable (ask for ground power, that will connect it) to complete alignment. After the cable is connected, you choose SEA INS alignment and wait for it to finish.

Like others have mentioned before, aircraft shouldn't move AT ALL during the alignment. Even loading weapons on should throw off the INS alignment process, so when you start the alignment DO NOT move the aircraft at all. Load weapons before aligning or after.

Thank you thank you! This and the other comments totally solved my issue. Now I press autostart and touch nothing until everything is done, and it's working. I will try the sea alignment later too!