AIM-7 locked with PAL
for the 2 left targets AIM-7 will track and follow
for the 2 right targets the AIM-7 fly straight ahead

in normal Missions the RTT Option  will not set

AA ACM Test-9-7.miz

Tacview-20210822-122858-DCS.zip.acmi

Edited by caponi

too much ...

You are shooting at MiG-29Ss, which possess a jamming system. Currently AIM-7Fs, AIM-7Ms and AIM-7MHs (when the ACM cover is raised) cannot guide on targets with active ECM. The cause of this has been identified and should be fixed in the next patch. 

By default, DCS AI will activate their ECM when locked in STT by a hostile aircraft. This behavior can be modified by changing the Options -> ECM setting, or as you've done, by disabling their reaction to threats. 

That's very interesting. I just tested this, using the attached mission file and was able to confirm the issue: When launching the AIM-7 at the MiGs that are set to "no reaction" then it guides just fine, but when launching at the MiGs that don't have the "react to threat" setting set at all, then the missile doesn't guide at all. I suspected that this might be a result of jamming, which the MiGs without the "react to threat" setting don't do, so I set them to "never jam", but the missile still doesn't guide. :huh:

Edit:

2 minutes ago, near_blind said:

You are shooting at MiG-29Ss, which possess a jamming system. Currently AIM-7Fs, AIM-7Ms and AIM-7MHs (when the ACM cover is raised) cannot guide on targets with active ECM. The cause of this has been identified and should be fixed in the next patch. 

By default, DCS AI will activate their ECM when locked in STT by a hostile aircraft. This behavior can be modified by changing the Options -> ECM setting, or as you've done, by disabling their reaction to threats. 

It's not the jammer, as I set them to "never jam" and the result was the same: The AIM-7 doesn't guide.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

jamming below 5nm ? i do not think about that, but may be possible ...
i will try it with other aircrafts like Mig-23 (they do not have jammers)

Edit said: 
Same mission but Mig-23LD instead of Mig-29S.
All Aim-7s tracking all the targets ... 

Question is about Mig-29 jamming behaviuor ... because i have a stable lock all the time😞
shot them at 5nm, 4nm and 2nm ... no hit !

something is wrong !!!

Edited by caponi

too much ...

2 hours ago, caponi said:

jamming below 5nm ? i do not think about that, but may be possible ...
i will try it with other aircrafts like Mig-23 (they do not have jammers)

Distance has nothing to do with this issue. It's not a problem of the radar being unable to burn through jamming, the issue is the missile needs to be told to look for a jammer when it's launched. Right now the code in the F-14 that tells the missile to look for a jammer instead of a regular target is broken, so the missile will *never* guide on a target that has active ECM. 

It's been reported, it is apparently fixed internally, hopefully we'll see the fix for this in the next patch:

27 minutes ago, caponi said:

Later … i will try Aim-7 in a F-18 ACM mode … stdby 😉

This particular issue is specific to the F-14, you shouldn't have any troubles in the Hornet.

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

It's not the jammer, as I set them to "never jam" and the result was the same: The AIM-7 doesn't guide.

I just tested the provided mission with the right group set to "never jam" at the initial waypoint and my Sparrows guided fine. 

AA ACM Test-9-7.mizTacview-20210822-090705-DCS.zip.acmi

Edited by near_blind
added tacview

2 hours ago, near_blind said:

I just tested the provided mission with the right group set to "never jam" at the initial waypoint and my Sparrows guided fine. 

Huh, now I'm really confused as this is exactly what I did too. Maybe I did something wrong when changing the settings. I can't check anymore as I have deleted my modified mission :noexpression:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg