[REPORTED]TPOD pointer logic and control difficulty

DmitriKozlowsky

TPOD is not broken. But its control logic is bad and confusing. One thing I cannot, no matter what RE_CENTER it along bore sight. It always wants  to point at either current waypoint or last designated tgt. Which makes retargeting it, a slow, painfull, confusing process. It often gets into these gimbal where controls either reverse on one axis or another, or become slow and sluggish. It is really bad implementation. It used to be good. Right now it sucks.

hi Dmitri,

please see attached picture.

While in tpod hotas mode undesignate only slaves to your last target point. (in my opinion very good if you plan to do a sharp turn on your target and point track is likely to loose the target and lock to something else)

you need to press SSS twice to go back to INS and then press undesignate to clean up the system designation and boresight the pod.

now you can go back to tpod hotas mode and continue looking for your next target

B793E37F-48CE-40E4-91F5-4D18CF5920E8.png

That image isn't reflective of what is happening in game, image below is how it is currently working. According to the diagram you should be able to go from a TPOD designation all the way to snowplow but its getting stuck in MAP/SLV. No idea if it's the current implementation that's wrong or the diagram.

NWS_behaviour.png

• Like 2

• AlphaJuliet changed the title to [REPORTED]TPOD pointer logic and control difficulty
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2021 at 2:44 PM, PeneCruz said:

This has been verified and reported internally, ...

Do you know if this also includes the behaviour of the DMT's horizontal controls occasionally becoming reversed - ie. 'Y' moves the designated point right and 'I' moves it left?  Because this is still unresolved. Happy to make separate bug report if necessary.

@Hornet81

cheers

Edited by wowbagger

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

5 minutes ago, wowbagger said:

Do you know if this also includes the behaviour of the DMT's horizontal controls occasionally becoming reversed - ie. 'Y' moves the designated point right and 'I' moves it left?  Because this is still unresolved. Happy to make separate bug report if necessary.

@Hornet81

cheers

that is very likely not a bug, but a user error. Make sure when you are slewing the DMT that its showing ‚TV‘ in the upper left corner, as that states that the DMT is SOI.

If its saying INS or MAP instead slewing tends to behave wierd.

Thanks,

I had been assuming it's just user error, but once it occurs, it seems impossible to fix. Is it modelling some kind of system damage? I have triple checked that the DMT is SOI and still the controls behave in this reverse way.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2