MP Hosting Problem

Travelbob

Hi all,

I would like to fly with a friend. I have forwarded the Ports (10308 in TCP and UDP) I have defined new rules in windows firewall for incoming and outgoing data. My friend could find my server in the server list but can't join. He will always returns to the serverlist.
He can host a game and I can join. We are not able to find the reason.
I had mods, but I deleted the saved games dcs folder and recreated a new with starting dcs. Still the same issue.

Does anymone have an idea?

If he sees your server, and can join, but gets returned to server list when trying to load into your server...something may be delaying his connection and DCS sometimes boots those that take too long to load in. In this case try with very light mission, something with a small file size, you can test it by simply making a small mission with two client airplanes on the mission editor and nothing else and see if he can join that mission.

Then you can try heavier missions.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Some things worth checking, as they can cause issues with DCS MP:

• Make sure you host on the same IP standard that your friend is using. If he has only IPv6 for example you need to host with IPv6 as well. If he has only IPv4, then you need to host with IPv4. Joining an IPv6 hosted server with IPv4 or vice versa does not yet work in DCS AFAIK.
  • Make sure your internet connection isn't using DS-lite, which uses tunneling to provide an IPv4 address on a IPv6 connection and this can cause issues with hostign servers in DCS.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg