remote console dashboard is showing too much of right column now

Zyll

This appears to have started happening very recently, I have to say within the past 1 or 2 days, so it might be tied to the release of the stable build, even though we're running OB servers.

the server log is not wrapping anymore.  It used to wrap, which kept the right column relatively narrow.  Now the left column is totally squished, as you can see in the screenshot.  The resolution would be to allow the text in the log to wrap (e.g. the Recording flight data line highlighted).

EDIT: this is using Chrome, looking at the remote server URL: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/personal/server/1111111/#/en/settings

EDIT 2: when using Firefox while logged onto our local server (URL being file:///c:/program files...), the interface looks fine, it has not changed.  When using Chrome, or Firefox or Edge hitting the remote server URL, it exhibits the issue I am describing.

image.png

Edited by Zyll

• 2 weeks later...

Quite.

There's some very odd interactions between that non-breaking setup and the way its flex box setup is… well… set up, that causes the whole thing to collapse in on itself.

I'm seeing this in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Haven't checked any other browsers.

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 3 weeks later...

Has this even been noticed or acknowledged @NineLine or @BIGNEWY?

It literally makes remote management useless unless you add custom scripting to delete entire DOM nodes, or break out the dev tools to remove them manually.

Mild case:

Screenshot 2021-09-22 at 19.16.42.jpg

…inevitably turns into a bad case…

Screenshot 2021-09-23 at 04.08.40.png

Edited by Tippis

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 8 months later...
14 hours ago, Flappie said:

@Zyll @Tippis I cannot reproduce this issue in 2022 (I'm using Firefox). Can you?

screen.png

Same for me as as for Zyll — it went away silently at some point, and I can't even tell when. 😄

• Thanks 1