remapping spacebar?

DavePastry

In a lot of campaigns you need to press space to progress things, on my setup in vr this is always sort of clumsy, is there a way I could map spacebar to a button on something within dcs? or would this necessitate joytokey/joystickgremlin? 

I910900K, 4090, 32gb,Varjo Aero, no compromises: all VR all the time. 

I use Joystick Gremlin. It adds the option of adding short and long presses to any button (like the TMS & DMS hats work for the A10 and others) so has the potential to add more button presses to your HOTAS.

If you don't want to use VJOY then I can also recommend Joy2Key. In my experience with both the performance impact is negligible.

Currently I use both products, Joy2Key allows me to easily recentre the mouse cursor plus I use it to control speaker volume - which is handy when the wife tells me to turn it down mid combat 🙂

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

19 hours ago, DavePastry said:

on my setup in vr this is always sort of clumsy

For me it's annoying too: I don't have a keyboard in my sim-pit, so to press "space" I need to:

- Take off the headset,
- climb out of my sim-pit,

- walk over to my desktop,

- press SPACE,

- walk back over to my sim-pit,

- climb back in,

- put on the headset and re-adjust the centre position.

Some modules allow you to bind it to the trigger on your joystick, but sadly that doesn't work for most.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset