Dudes about acomplish missions

peirof

Hi,

A doubt has arisen for me, I expose it. You have to make a mission, for which you carry enough fuel...  but due to mission circumstances you spend more fuel than estimated (an aerial combat, you have to make several passes on the target,...). With that you spend more fuel than estimated, and you can't go back to the original air base.

It must be said here that you acomplish to do the mission

In those moments you have two options : make an Aar, or land on another base.

If you land on another base, does it count as fulfilled?

Do you have to land on the intended base?

Can you land on another base, refuel on land and go to home base?

What is the best option

I 'think' that depends on how the author created the campaign or individual mission. I have had that problem in a couple of missions and landed at another airbase. I had checked the F10 map that it was listed as neutral but I had no luck getting refueled. It's been a while so I don't remember which one.

• Thanks 1

Yeah just check the mission brief for the campaign you are flying, it will typically list a valid divert field if there is one.

If none listed then likely is not one.

Edited by dburne
  • Thanks 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

This is up to how the mission designer programmed the mission. Usually, you will need to land back at the airbase you took off from. Some missions include a dedicated divert field you can land at to complete the mission. Some missions (like all of mine) do not require the player to land at all. 

• Thanks 1