TouchDCS release and 1st F-14 Tomcat Template SET

Slice313

With TouchDCS released officially, I had to make a template set for our beloved Tomcat. The template contains the "Display" panel and an "Indicators" panel. I plan on expanding it later with other useful panels.

Feel free to modify, share etc. 🍻

User Files Download page  NEW UPDATE 2.0

This is an incredible tool, the possibilities are endless. This is much more powerful than the Streamdeck or DCS UFC in my opinion. Whatever panel YOU NEED, in the tip of your fingers... If I could make my 1st template in such a short time, anyone can.

TouchDCS info -> github Forum

Thanks @moridar for creating this 😍

IMG_0041.PNG

image0.png

Edited by Slice313
Update
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very cool, but I like do like the fact that DCS UFC is plug and play, and also has higher quality visuals to represent each button. Can I ask what skill level you need to use this app, in both coding and image editing? How long did it take you to whip up that example? Finally, reckon there will ever be the option to output radar or RWR displays - that's one feature DCS UFC is missing which I'd kill for.

Intel 11900K/NVIDIA RTX 3090/32GB DDR4 3666/Z590 Asus Maximus motherboard/2TB Samsung EVO Pro/55" LG C9 120Hz @ 4K/Windows 10/Jotunheim Schiit external headphone amp/Virpil HOTAS + MFG Crosswind pedals

6 hours ago, GunSlingerAUS said:

Very cool, but I like do like the fact that DCS UFC is plug and play, and also has higher quality visuals to represent each button. Can I ask what skill level you need to use this app, in both coding and image editing? How long did it take you to whip up that example? Finally, reckon there will ever be the option to output radar or RWR displays - that's one feature DCS UFC is missing which I'd kill for.

What I like about TouchDCS is making my own panels. I am making warbirds BF109 and P-47 next (which DCS UFC doesn’t support ATM)

Besides, TouchDCS can send and receive info from DCS-BIOS, it is a more powerful tool indeed. 

I admit that graphics aren’t as

pretty but I think about It like creating my own custom physical flight panels, which is very cool. 

For this simple template it took maybe 2-3 hours, but it was the 1st time I ever used TouchOSC, I had to learn everything. Next time it would be much faster.

My programming skills are ~0. I work with humans, not machines. I admit you have to spend sometime to “understand everything” but it is very rewarding afterwards (so like DCS World itself)

DCS UFC and TouchDCS are both useful tools, just TouchDCS is more powerful and customizable. I use both. 

• Like 1

• Slice313 changed the title to TouchDCS release and 1st F-14 Tomcat Template SET

I updated the universal Indicator panel with kph/meters, mph/feet and knots/feet pages. Also, I just finished a Fuses panel for the Bf-109 K4, will be posting it soon. Next one is the P-47.

IMG_0042.PNG

Edited by Slice313

On 8/24/2021 at 4:48 PM, GunSlingerAUS said:

Yeah we definitely accomplish different goals, and DCS UFC has a lot of benefits. TouchDCS is more about building yourself a custom layout.

You shouldn't need any coding or image editing skills to build a layout. The TouchOSC application is a drag-and-drop wysiwyg editor that makes it really easy to build layouts. You can take advantage of the lua scripting it offers for even greater control, but it's really not necessary in most cases.

Man, I wish I could output displays. Getting that working would depend on a lot of factors, so while I'd love to do it I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you 😞 Text displays are no problem though, I built a layout of the A-10 CDU and the Hornet UFC.

• Like 1