Update DCS 2.7.5.10869 18.08.2021 (Stable)

Callsign112

Just wondering if anyone noticed any improvement on Normandy with the latest stable update? Would appreciate anyone able to post system specs with FPS over forest areas.

DCS: Normandy map by Urga Media

• Updated textures of fields - color, splatmap and normal.
  • Updated airfield textures - color, splatmap and normal.
  • Trees AmurOak, BlackAsh, Pine, Riverbirch, SugarMaple improved.
  • Improved bridges.
  • Improved airfield scenes.
  • Fixed switch tree lods.
  • Increased FPS over the forest.
  • Fixed bugs in scenes of airfields: Evreux, Funtington, Maupertus, Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer, St. Pierre du Mont.
  • Fixed bugs in taxiways of Azeville, Barville, Evreux, Lantheuil.

• 3 weeks later...

So I was able to have a look at my system performance on Normandy after the latest Stable update.

In terms of FPS, I am seeing a modest improvement of maybe 5 FPS at about 50 - 100 feet. Where I was around 32 FPS, I am sitting closer to 40 now. It still drops down to about 30 over heavily populated areas though, but I am not seeing any stutter, and no more white flashes across the sky. Where I am really seeing an improvement though is over water, which is surprising as I thought the update concerned mostly forest areas. Maybe it has to do with DCS 2.7, not sure. But I am now at a solid 55 FPS 50 - 100 feet over water.

Also after driving around the map a bit more, I wonder if ED/Ugra (the map makers) ever consider trying to improve performance just by cleaning up the maps a bit. It seems on the Normandy map at least, they could probably delete a lot of trees without having any noticeable effect on map appearance from the air and on the ground. In some areas, there are clumps of trees that actually look out of place and should probably be removed. But I am at least able to get a very smooth low level flight in SP, which suites my needs.  

Sys specs:

Win 10 64bit

AMD FX 6300 3.5Ghz

RX 580 8GB

16 GB RAM