JSOW as a DEAD weapon?

CybrSlydr

I'm running a Liberation on the Caucuses map and been using the Viper exclusively.

One mission was a DEAD to take out a radar installation.  Default loadout was 2xJSOWs.  I changed it to 4, just so I'd have more options for targets of opportunity.

So I initially set up to deploy two in line-abreast with 500ft spacing.  Using the pre-planned mode, I launched at just under max range.  I then turned around and awaited the notification the target was destroyed - no such luck.  So I turned around and fired my last two at it (it's just a single big radar on the outskirts of a town).

RTB after those two as I figured they were shot down or something - but I followed them in in F6.  Turns out that the spacing was too far and the JSOWs were detonating on either side of it, leaving it untouched.

So, I decided to replay the mission and went with just the default 2xJSOWs.  I launched one at it around max range via pre-planned and fired one shortly after in vis mode with the TGP so I could make sure there wasn't an issue with the waypoint placement and I was 100% on target.

Both detonated perfectly above the target and the cluster munitions were right  were they should have been.  But they did 0 damage to the radar.

Is this a bug or is a JSOW really not suited for taking out a single radar installation?

23 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Unless you really, really need the standoff range, I don't see why I would use one over a WCMD. Hopefully that gets reworked when they release the CBU-103.

Currently the 105 isn't supported in Liberation - it's not listed as available on the loadout screen, but the JSOW is.

87 and 97 are available though.  TBF, I haven't tried the ground crew to load them though.

EDIT:  Yeah, the 105s are available via the ground crew, but not the loadout menu in the Liberation generator.

Edited by CybrSlydr

You can also open the mission planner before you start (if singleplayer) and edit your loadout. The Liberation devs will probably add the CBU-105 in their next update if I were to take a guess. They were pretty quick about adding JDAMs for the F-16.

• Like 2

Make sure you fine tune the Steerpoint with the TGP before launching the JSOW. Mine were missing too, and that was because the Steerpoint it uses in PRE mode is either slightly off target, or way up in altitude, or a combination of both. And that causes the JSOW to explode in the wrong spot/altitude and the ammunition drifts off target. Climb to an altitude where you can comfortably see the target through the TGP, slew it onto your target, then fire the JSOW when you're in JIZ range (giggidy) and watch the carnage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

Make sure you fine tune the Steerpoint with the TGP before launching the JSOW. Mine were missing too, and that was because the Steerpoint it uses in PRE mode is either slightly off target, or way up in altitude, or a combination of both. And that causes the JSOW to explode in the wrong spot/altitude and the ammunition drifts off target. Climb to an altitude where you can comfortably see the target through the TGP, slew it onto your target, then fire the JSOW when you're in JIZ range (giggidy) and watch the carnage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Steerpoint altitude is important

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Mustang25:

Despite Wags’ best efforts to convince us otherwise, the JSOW A and all the other non-SFW clusters are just totally useless. There’s no point using any of them. 

I have destroyed a truck with a BLG-66 on the mirage though.

1 hour ago, TobiasA said:

I have destroyed a truck with a BLG-66 on the mirage though.

And I’ve killed entire SAM sites with JSOWs before, but it is basically coin flip on whether a CEM clusters will cause damage or not even with a direct hit because of how their damage is modeled. Wags even said the reason they haven’t released the cbu103 was because they weren’t happy with the state of CEMs at the moment and are reworking them. Hopefully that results in a big improvement because right now there isn’t much of a reason to mount a cluster other than the 97/105.

• Thanks 2

• ED Team

If you are seeing issues, its always best practice to upload a track, I know MP tracks can be tough, but this should be an easy one to recreate a small offline track to report. We have not seen any issues with this on our end, so a track would be appreciated. Thanks.

• Like 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

3 hours ago, CybrSlydr said:

Glad I'm not the only one who has no idea what radar I thought I saw. Lol

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

LOL! Yeah, I went through both USA's and Russia's "Air Defense" list and none of them look exactly like that. I dropped JSOW-A's in a test map on both EWRs and they were reliably destroyed, or else reached critical damage and were destroyed after catching fire for about 15 seconds.

Are you sure it wasn't a tracked vehicle? Also what country did it belong to?

LOL! Yeah, I went through both USA's and Russia's "Air Defense" list and none of them look exactly like that. I dropped JSOW-A's in a test map on both EWRs and they were reliably destroyed, or else reached critical damage and were destroyed after catching fire for about 15 seconds.

Are you sure it wasn't a tracked vehicle? Also what country did it belong to?
At this point, I don't know. Lol

Apparently I saw something that doesn't exist in the game.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk