The order of devices displayed in the "CONTROLS" window

How is the order of devices determined in the DCS "CONTROLS" config?
Also, is it possible for me to sort it arbitrarily?

I have more than 15 control devices connected to my PC and I find it a bit inconvenient that they are sorted in random order in the DCS config.
The DCS method seems to be different from the order of the Windows OS game controllers.
I want to put "BU0836"s for my devices in order and sort it freely.

* However, being able to check the GUID of the device in this config and being able to rewrite the name is a big relief for me who is using a large number of devices.😚

210826.jpg

Edited by foobolt
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...

I think they might be in USB allocation order. Editing settings.lua didn't work (DCS kept reverting) and nothing obvious in Windows Registry.

Swapping USB device positions changed the column order, but not expected.

Before:
● toggles (vjoy)
● throttle (m/b)
● rudder (hub)
● stick (hub)

After swapping stick and rudder position:
● rudder (hub)
● stick (hub)
● throttle (m/b)
● toggles (vjoy)

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

• 2 weeks later...

Not a solution to the question but I consolidated a number of button boxes and controllers into 128 button vjoy controllers to simplify things using Joystick Gremlin.

• Like 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• 2 months later...

Oh! I don't believe it.

There must be a way to sort the devices. I'm searching for my joystick or throttle for 2 hours in CONTROLS page.

How can we take attention for this? 🙂

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

It's certainly annoying that we cannot order the columns per our preference. I have only 5 game controllers and I can imagine what a hassle this must be for people who have more. At the same time, the Options window is rather narrow and requires a lot of scrolling. We should be able to make it wider and the software should "remember" this setting..

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

It wouldn't be a problem if they'd appear in the same order every time I run DCS, but it's not.

Every time their order is changing on my side. 😕

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 1 month later...

+1, but also this:

On 3/27/2022 at 12:04 PM, LeCuvier said:

the Options window is rather narrow and requires a lot of scrolling

Yeah... that's PITA. I have no idea why these windows aren't "full screen" - not only OPTIONS window, but also mission briefing window etc. Artist's visions (pretty clouds) are good where they belong, but I dare to claim these windows should be designed for maximum practicality, not artistic impressions. If I want clouds, I can stick my head out the window, no problem 😉

• Like 1

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

• 6 months later...
5 hours ago, Go2Matt said:

Any way to delete the 15 Mice I seem to have.. Even though I only have 1.... It seems to have repeated my mouse multiple times

That's awful!
Have you tried "Rescan Devices"?

Thankfully the "Options" screens have been changed to take advantage of available physical screen size.
Also, I have re-started the game 3 times and the devices were always in the same order. I will continue watching if the order remains stable.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 6 months later...
On 11/24/2022 at 9:12 AM, LeCuvier said:

Thankfully the "Options" screens have been changed to take advantage of available physical screen size.

I'm not thankfull! 😀

I have 3 projectors in surround mode. Now the control page is scattered over all these displays. Making hard to set controls.