Black Shark Techdemo - Trim with Force Feedback

Hi all,

before urze's stick mods' availability I tried a Wingman Force3D Pro to check the advantages of FFB. Does anybody use this kind of joy with BS? I cannot succeed with it, doesn't work as the SideWinder in urze's tech demo. Or I forgot something in the profiler or in the BS?

Thanks in advance

За всю историю никто и никогда не сумел завоевать Афганистан. Hикто и никогда

• 2 weeks later...

The problem of absence or weak of FF is quite common and is constantly discussed in the russian part of the forum. For those who have EVO Force it's recommended to look at the spring options and deadzones in the saitek utility

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice © Scooter

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

The problem of absence or weak of FF is quite common and is constantly discussed in the russian part of the forum. For those who have EVO Force it's recommended to look at the spring options and deadzones in the saitek utility

Yes, that's true.

I found no alternative for the MS Sidewinder FFB 2.

All other products out tere I tested / disassembled are not precise enough (unacceptable dead zone) or have a very jumpy response...

Unfortunately the production of the Sidewinder FFB2 has stopped. :cry:

My god, that was cool!

If you want read more/ see another video of the FFB use in Products of Eagle Dynamics - jump to this thread:

Cougar with FFB - http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33320

Edited by urze

The only hope is that ED will help to solve the problem of FF in Black Shark

Intel Core i7 8700K, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 5, 32Gb DDR4 CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 3200MHz, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080Ti Extreme, VKB Gunfighter MkII + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM MFD Panels, TrackIR5

The only hope is that ED will help to solve the problem of FF in Black Shark

I fear it's not the Problem of Eagle Dynamics-

it's mostly the problem of the hardware manufacturer an how their implemented drivers translate the FFB data.

I can tell you only what I do in the last years and advice you to do the same:

I write polite emails to the manufacturer and address the problem precisely, and add also links to discussions in forums.

If you do the same please don't expect a answer (but sometimes you will). Just hope that they will realise some day how important accuracy and FFB for Flight simmer is.

I believe that in Hawx (http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33495) you will not have such problems...:music_whistling:

:)

Edited by urze

urze

So are there any serious results of your emails? Don't get me wrong but it's like writing a collective petition asking (or insiting sometimes) the developer to make the sequel for some game which is remembered and played only by devoted fans while the majority of gamers don't even know about it. It's business. None would spend resourses for 1 game if their product works in all others

No - no answers like:

Dear Andreas!

Oh- many very thanks!

I'm only a little clerk in the customer support but I will step right away in the next air plane!

And this not to test what you are talking about

- because I have no clue what problems you referring about-

No I will travel directly to the Headquarters of my Company to tell my Boss -BTW: that I never met up to now (!) and -Honestly- I don't know his name - But I will get the information myself. I have my ways -you understand !? ;)

OK - than I will tell him how ignorant and incompetent he is -

...and I will also give him Your Name that he can offer you his chair.

Promised!

Thanks for opening my eyes!

The best wishes,

Customer support XY of company XY.

But writing them a mail is better than complaining in the a dark attic!

:)

Edited by urze

A think you're right. And hope it works someday...

I just tried my Saitek Evo Force last night, how dissapointing!!

It has very unaccurate controls, and I could not get a realistic trim to happen; always too much or too little!! I tried the Saitek control panel, deadzones, spring settings, and the BS FFB tuning and I would still rather fly with my X52!!

Oh well, back to the drawing board!!

Try experimenting between 50 to 0 of spring hardness. And also enable "default spring is always on option"

• 1 month later...
?? You know I only took the spring as low as 50; maybe I'll try that later!
Did you try it? Did it work?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit