Mapping key to my Hotas - some are not possible to map

KonniRichter

When trying to map f.e. "VR reset" to my Hotas throttle, the cell in setting where to map the function to a key is in a sightly different color and it is not to map the function to my Hotas throttle. But I plugged in other buttonboxes and mapping to a button box is possible.

There are some functions which are not possible to map to my Hotas, but possible to map to an other controller. You can check it when looking at the cell where to double click and map the button. If it is in a slightly other color, it isn´t possible to map.

Can you please help me why mapping to Hotas isn´t possible with some functions?  

Sometimes, global assignments override individual module assignements, so make sure to check if that has happened.

In general, 

• there are some modules in which you simply can't assign a HOTAS button to a function (currently the HIND is a big offender in this regard)
  • Check if a global assignment overrides a local setting
  • Remember that there are global assignments. Where you select the module to assign controls, there are also 'modules' called UI and some others. Look there first. That's where I have assigned my 'reset VR view' button, and it works very well, in all planes. 

Thanks, I will look into it. I got these problems with the FW190 A8 Anton module. With the "Sim" Profile it is not possible for me to map the VR reset and both VR Zoom to a Hotas Button.
What@cfrag means, is that you choose "UI layer" as the module in the drop down under controls settings, and then see if you can map it there. I just tested, and it works. Then it will be global setting for all your modules.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

30 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

What@cfrag means, is that you choose "UI layer" as the module in the drop down under controls settings, and then see if you can map it there. I just tested, and it works. Then it will be global setting for all your modules. emoji4.png

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

ah, ok.. I didn´t know about "UI layer". I will try it today. Thanks for your help

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skypickle said:

I guess this is where we can also map things like time accceleration (ctrl-Z)?

Yes, I learned that from a great helpful guy here 4-5 weeks ago. I have no idea why it quit working but it did and he helped me fix it.

• Like 1