[Solved] Clients don't see server in lobby and cannot connect via IP

Hello there,

We have encountered an issue with our new server. 

DCS is version is 2.7.5.10869.

Instances appears in the "My servers" section on diigitalcombatsimulator.com but don't show up in the lobby. 

Users can't connect via IP they get the errror message: "Server offline"

But any client that first connects to the host via Remote Desktop Protocol can then see the server and connect.

After rebouting client's PC, the server is gone until he reconnects via RDP first.

This makes no sense to me. 

I followed a trail about IPv6 but can't get myu head around it.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

Thanks for your replies.

Edited by 3rd Wing - Raiden

Hi all,

I solved the problem. The company hosting the server (SoYouStart, an OVH company) is using a "Game Mitigation UDP Firewall" wich is set by default to only allow UDP traffic for TeamSpeak 3, Half-Life 2 / Source and Mumble. All other UDP traffic is blocked.

It is specific only to Game Server at SoYouStart.

I created a special rule for DCS port and SRS port (they both use UDP) and it was fixed. Nothnig to do with IPv6 which is not activated on this server by the way.

Hope this will help others with similar issue

• 3rd Wing - Raiden changed the title to [Solved] Clients don't see server in lobby and cannot connect via IP
  • 1 month later...

Solved...? For everyone?

I have this problem since 2.7 came out. I am using the Open Beta version since 2.5 I have changed absolutely nothing for the port forwarding rules since it all worked well in 2.5 and other for games that I host it all works flawlessly and people can connect and play on my created servers, but NOT so is the case with DCS anymore since version 2.7 went out. In 2.5 Open Beta it all worked well, my server was appearing in the lobby list and people could connect with no problems either from the server list or by direct IP. Now, after updating to 2.7 Open Beta, bye bye! I tried installing and trying to create a server using the 2.7 stable version..., no joy, the problem is the same! So it's quite a while since 2.7 came out and I still could not figure out a way to have my server mission re-appear in the lobby as it used to. I even tried downloading and establishing a dedicated server for Open Beta and also downloaded the dedicated server for stable version and still..., the same result with both tries, my server is not appearing in the lobby. If I gave a friend my IP and he tried connecting to it directly, "Server offline" was the answer! This is impossible! Please, if there's anyone out there who had this issue and solved it and it wasn't Raiden's case which something totally different, please let us know what you did!

Many thanks!

Good knowledge and common sense make the absurd run for defense.

Flying has always been a great interest for mankind, yet learning everything about it brought the greatest challenge!