How do I setup the radio presets for the UHF/VHF?

I see several videos talking about a tab in the mission editor to set the presets. However, in mu new/newest stable build, I don't see that tab. I see a box "Radio" that is checked and set to 251 AM, but no way to set the other presets. Being a real PPL, I enjoy handling radios, and settings presets seems like a great idea, but I can't find a way to do it. I haven't played any campaigns really, so I'm not sure if you can. Some videos mention it being bugged. Is this why the tab is not there? I'd love to have presets for different comms.

1 hour ago, christianholmes said:

I see several videos talking about a tab in the mission editor to set the presets.

I think just about every module after the A-10C has gotten that. 😉

It's been a long requested wishlist item to add that to the A-10C, but so far the feature hasn't made it in.

• Like 1

ED dropped the A-10C II, which I must commend them is absolutely amazing, and then disappeared for months without much of an update. 

• Like 2

Asus ROG Maximus X Apex//Core I7 8700K @ 5.3Ghz //32GB DDR4 RAM//Asus 3090 RTX//4K monitor w/ TrackIR 5

Radio preset ability

Yes

• A-4E-C
  • AJS37
  • AV-8B N/A
  • Bf 109 K-4
  • C-101CC/EB
  • Christen Eagle II
  • F-14A-135-GR
  • F-14B
  • F-5E-3
  • F-86F
  • F/A-18C Lot 20
  • Fw 190
  • Hawk
  • Hercules
  • I-16
  • JF-17
  • MiG-19P
  • MiG-21Bis
  • P-47
  • P-51
  • Spitfire
  • T-45
  • TF-51
  • Yak-52

No

• A-10C
  • A-10C II
  • MiG-15bis

Edited by Frederf
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, christianholmes said:

Can you still set them up in the cockpit?

Yes.

There were some problems with the 2 VHF radios and their presets; not sure if these problems have been fixed, I think so. UHF always worked fine.

Be aware that there are some differences between the ARC-186 and ARC-164 on how to set the presets. But in either case, "Load" actually means "Save". It kinda makes sense, if you understand the philosophy, it just doesn't translate well to just about anything that people are used to in the age of digital communication devices. 😄

Anyway, the manual should contain the proper procedure.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 4:14 PM, Yurgon said:

There were some problems with the 2 VHF radios and their presets; not sure if these problems have been fixed, I think so. UHF always worked fine.

Think this is still a bit 'iffy' - though haven't checked lately. By all accounts to be fixed in a forthcoming update...

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X; ASUS ROG Strix X570-F, Corsair Vengeance 64 GB (2x 32GB) 3600MHz; Seagate FireCuda 510 500GB M.2-2280 (OS); Samsung 860 EVO 2TB M.2-2280 (DCS); MSI GeForce RTX 3090 SUPRIM X 24GB OC GPU. TM Warthog Hotas; T.Flight Pedals; DelanClip/Trackhat.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/30/2021 at 5:14 PM, Yurgon said:

Yes.

yup, the VHF radios presets got fixed a few months ago.

as for the original question: with the mission prepare function, you can set the presets in the Hog.  As of recent, that is unique for each jet, so you would have to do it for each of them.   A pretty easy alternative is to edit the preset files straight in the miz file. You can also copy them from one jet to another, or other missions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

• 2 weeks later...

I actually just posted about this in another thread, use the mission editors "prepare mission" function.

Make your jet a hot start, select prepare mission, then set up your presets, exit and save the mission. It'll generate some Lua files inside the .miz to save those presets. Then you can make your jet a cold start again, and the presets will load when you load the MDC. Years and years ago I made an excel spreadsheet with a macro to do this, and it generates the Lua files you can add the the .miz with 7-zip.

I actually just posted about this in another thread, use the mission editors "prepare mission" function.

Make your jet a hot start, select prepare mission, then set up your presets, exit and save the mission. It'll generate some Lua files inside the .miz to save those presets. Then you can make your jet a cold start again, and the presets will load when you load the MDC. Years and years ago I made an excel spreadsheet with a macro to do this, and it generates the Lua files you can add the the .miz with 7-zip.

Here's the above post, apparently not quite as old as I thought.

• Like 1