Select vs. Salute

sthompson

These are obviously different VAICOM commands, both important if you fly off carriers. However for me VoiceAttack consistently interprets both as "select" with very high confidence. I guess because they have the same consonant sounds but different vowel sounds. I've tried training and recorded my pronunciation of each in Windows Speech recognition but the problem persists. Any ideas? What would be a good alias for Salute? Launch is used for something else.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

These are obviously different VAICOM commands, both important if you fly off carriers. However for me VoiceAttack consistently interprets both as "select" with very high confidence. I guess because they have the same consonant sounds but different vowel sounds. I've tried training and recorded my pronunciation of each in Windows Speech recognition but the problem persists. Any ideas? What would be a good alias for Salute? Launch is used for something else.

You could really simplify with something off the wall. Such as, “fire”. “Bye” “fly” “go””shoot”… just some ideas off the top of my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You haven't switched microphones after you did the initial training by chance?

After I did a complete long overdue re-installation of Windows, and did the speech training from scratch (made special profile for my mic, in case I will change it later), my recognition is pretty flawless, 99,9% or better I'd say. I used to have 2000+ recordings in the dictionary, now I have three. And I'm not even a native English speaker.
I did the training 2x10 times, and half of it I would do in a monotonous/robotic/news anker voice, and half more natural.
So, maybe just completely wipe all your training, and do it again?

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 8/28/2021 at 9:34 AM, MAXsenna said:

You haven't switched microphones after you did the initial training by chance?

No. And I redid speech training to see if it would help. No luck there.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals