F/A 18C panels i created

Dogan Sheridan

Greetings all,

Hopefully this works, so here goes:

I am attaching a PDF file of the left console I have created in AutoCad and I wanted to see what everyone thought. I have made a few changes to what the orignal is so I would like to hear your opinions. 

I intend to start building the panels as soon as I get my 3 in one laser engraver/3D printer/CNC machine. If anyone is interested, I will keep you posted of my progress:

left console.pdf

I have also included a PNG file that will hopefully appear here without having to download... (maybe not lol)

left console.png

Edited by Dogan Sheridan
  • Like 2

Looks like a really good start.

I'd think you need some more detail in there for manufacturing,  but I guess this still WIP. 

Judging by drawing of the PCB it looks like you planning on grouping several panels into single device.  While this solves some problems I still would keep them separate. 

Good luck!

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Thanks for your input! 

Can you please elaborate on what you mean by more detail for manufacturing? 

Yes, I am planning on combining 2 and 3 panels together in two groups. The ground power and the external lights as one group, and the fuel, fcs and volume/iff  as another, specifically for the PCB. The front plates will be separate and I can do the backlight/mounting plates separateas well.  I figure if the PCB becomes an issue, I can re do them separately, but for the first attempt,  I want to try combined. The 3 in one machine I am getting can handle pieces up to 13" x 14", so why not give it a shot. Plus there is a learning curve that needs to be overcome...

I can see why you changed some panels orientation during design. Once you get mocked up full size I think you will quickly realize why those panels were turned 90 inboard. They are more viewable and accessible in their original form. Always great to see folks working on their dream

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 8/31/2021 at 4:43 AM, Fusedspine33 said:

I can see why you changed some panels orientation during design. Once you get mocked up full size I think you will quickly realize why those panels were turned 90 inboard. They are more viewable and accessible in their original form. Always great to see folks working on their dream

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You might be right, but I'll see how it goes...