PHALANX CIWS - C-RAM air defence system request for 'bluefor'

noremorse1004

Hi all,

Since I'm creating multiplayer mission content since at least 3 years now in DCS I was always trying to focus on creating as realistic scenarios, as I possiby can. However when it comes to airfield or HWA defence I'm really missing a good point defence sistem from the bluefor arsenal.

We have the SA-15 for reds but nothing for bluefor. NASAMS was a great addition though, I hope DCS can implement the phalanx system as well.

thanks 😉

centurion.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dahlbeck said:

I guess the closest thing would be the M163 Vulcan? But it's a bit on the primitive side I suppose.

Skickat från min H8324 via Tapatalk

Yeah it would be. However this thing, if I understand correctly, wasn't designed to be as mobile as other systems. To my knowledge, it can't fire on the move, and needs to remain stationary to fire. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more BluFor anti-aircraft weapons in DCS.

On 8/29/2021 at 12:31 PM, Tank50us said:

Yeah it would be. However this thing, if I understand correctly, wasn't designed to be as mobile as other systems. To my knowledge, it can't fire on the move, and needs to remain stationary to fire. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't mind seeing some more BluFor anti-aircraft weapons in DCS.

Yeah, I know these were defending the airbase in Kabul as well. Also the Arleigh Burke class ships are equipped with these, (also implemented in dcs) and the ships use it to destroy incoming anti ship missiles so I think the basic coding is already done. 

Hopefully some guy at ED sees this thread 😉

• 1 month later...

This would be great if only to set up near a blufor sam site or airfield for protection. Before the latest update, the Nasams were doing a great job of providing protection against incoming anti-radar missiles and glide bombs.

After the patch (2.7.7.14727) the Nasams aren't really hitting any incoming weapons. Whilst I appreciate the new missile characteristics are probably still wip, I've found myself doing a lot of Sam site repairs in MP, like before Nasam was introduced.

I think this would be a great addition.

+1

Edited by jonsky7

• 5 months later...

Few months ago I saw C-RAM thru what I thought at that time was a TGP on the A10. It had all new thermal vision TGP skin and everything. I wonder if it was a wip or whatnot but it looked very detailed and I thought we'll have it in matter of weeks. I mean put that art in and use ballistic data from ship based fast guns. Done 

Where is my C-RAM ?

On 4/4/2022 at 2:18 AM, russiandivxclub said:

Few months ago I saw C-RAM thru what I thought at that time was a TGP on the A10. It had all new thermal vision TGP skin and everything. I wonder if it was a wip or whatnot but it looked very detailed and I thought we'll have it in matter of weeks. I mean put that art in and use ballistic data from ship based fast guns. Done 

Where is my C-RAM ?

WIP, and no, don't just copy the ballistic data from naval Phalanx, because those have had the wrong dispersion and fired the wrong round since forever.

And especially when LPWS fires a different round (M940 MPT-SD) compared to the naval Phalanx (Mk 149 APDS (for the Forrestal) or Mk 244 APDS (for everything else)), the current round Phalanx fires in DCS is not only wrong for the naval Phalanx, it would be wrong for LPWS too.

And not only that, naval Phalanx hasn't had any of its own sensors modelled since forever either, though sensors are so simplified in DCS I can't imagine this taking more than a few minutes of research and 1-2 minutes of coding.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.