Ability to lock targets with the jammer on?

SharpeXB

Is it wrong that I can do a TWS lock of a target with the jammer on? Doesn’t the jammer nullify your own radar? When I launch I get the JAMMER ON message and of course the missile is lost. 

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes, that's correct. The jammer will cease radar emissions. In the future we should see the RDR PRI option on the attack format that prioritizes radar emissions over the jammer so you won't have to flip the ECM knob off of XMIT.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Oh good. It’s a real @#$&! moment to forget the Xmit and lose the shot 😬

i9-14900KS | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

The very wrong mechanization of the jammer aside (which has been pointed out by a real pilot to me; you know it's reallyyy wrong when a pilot is able to say that one of the most sensitive systems is wrong), even with the radar off there is no reason you cannot designate or change the L&S. L&S is an MSI trackfile function not a radar function, but even pre-MSI don't know why you couldn't since it's not changing the radar, it's just a software designation. (Of course, locking them into STT is a different story which is impossible with the radar off.)

Edited by Jak525
  • Like 1