VSN Grumman A-6A Intruder

Hawkeye60

Very much a WIP.

I have asked for a templet.

I needed to fool with this version to get a cockpit.

Two links, First, a WIP link, ai only.

Second, A flyable link, which I had trouble with first try.

YMMV

Great Start!

Looking  forward to more!

New versions shall be posted in this post, as I get them.

Enjoy!

WIP

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=drM4dWUf

Flyable

https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=dqBAFqlu

Screen-210829-203657.jpg

Screen-210829-203712.jpg

Screen-210829-203626.jpg

Everything is subject to change!

• Like 7

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

This is amazing for AI to populate carriers and to make some interesting missions thank you! 😉

I noticed the hook is not animated at the moment. Are there any plans to fix this? Thank you.

@Tomcatter87 We need your skinning skills! May I be very cheeky and request a VA-34 Blue blasters skin as a first candidate? 🙏

Edited by roobarbjapan
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roobarbjapan said:

This is amazing for AI to populate carriers and to make some interesting missions thank you! 😉

I noticed the hook is not animated at the moment. Are there any plans to fix this? Thank you.

@Tomcatter87 We need your skinning skills! May I be very cheeky and request a VA-34 Blue blasters skin as a first candidate? 🙏

I'm honored - thing is, there already is a VA-34 bird from USS America contained in my Intruders of the 80s skin pack 🙂 Not the most beautiful Intruder, but I wanted to make one that fits into the El Dorado Canyon era. Check it out here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315539/

Edit: Sorry, just saw that this is a new mod? I'll see what I can do 🙂

Edited by Tomcatter87
  • Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

1 hour ago, Tomcatter87 said:

I'm honored - thing is, there already is a VA-34 bird from USS America contained in my Intruders of the 80s skin pack 🙂 Not the most beautiful Intruder, but I wanted to make one that fits into the El Dorado Canyon era. Check it out here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3315539/

Edit: Sorry, just saw that this is a new mod? I'll see what I can do 🙂

Yes this mod has pilots in the pit which makes it a lot more appealing for myself! Super cheeky of me but thanks for considering it 😇

• 3 weeks later...

Allright, i started working on some Intruder skins - mostle KA-6D ones, because the VSN bird has the old school airbrakes. @roobarbjapan : I even started with a blue blasters Intruder. 

However I found that some parts of the default skin seem to have been baked into the 3d model - like tail code, modex number and so on. You can only see it in certain angles - but still: does someone know a way to get rid of this?example.JPG

Edited by Tomcatter87
  • Like 3

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

It looks like there is a normal map, the files in the default textures zipper in the mod with the _B are all bump/normal maps.

Generate a livery file and then go edit/update the livery file to overwrite those and remove the baked in letters.

• Like 1

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

1 hour ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

It looks like there is a normal map, the files in the default textures zipper in the mod with the _B are all bump/normal maps.

Generate a livery file and then go edit/update the livery file to overwrite those and remove the baked in letters.

Thanks! Didnt recognize the normal maps due to the naming. I was able to remove those baked in markings. 

Allright, getting along quite nicely 🙂 pre-176.JPGpre-34.JPGpre-95.JPGpre-panthers.JPG

• Like 4

On 9/20/2021 at 8:52 PM, Tomcatter87 said:

Allright, i started working on some Intruder skins - mostle KA-6D ones, because the VSN bird has the old school airbrakes. @roobarbjapan : I even started with a blue blasters Intruder. 

However I found that some parts of the default skin seem to have been baked into the 3d model - like tail code, modex number and so on. You can only see it in certain angles - but still: does someone know a way to get rid of this?example.JPG

This is amazing! You are a gentleman and an artist! I was poking around in the .lua and found if you set       has_speedbrake    =    true      then the wingtip speed brakes also work. Still no hook animations though 😞 Skins are outstanding though!

26 minutes ago, roobarbjapan said:

This is amazing! You are a gentleman and an artist! I was poking around in the .lua and found if you set       has_speedbrake    =    true      then the wingtip speed brakes also work. Still no hook animations though 😞 Skins are outstanding though!

You're very welcome! 🙂 Thats a great tip about the speedbrake, just noticed that it doesnt use them. I also found out now how to close those holes in the KA-6D style airbrake, so I can also make some attack version skins that look more realistic.
I noticed that one can only put the Intruder as singe airplanes, not in groups. I remember reading something about how to fix that... does someone have the answer?

242597555_2255301167946237_5601049708548

Edited by Tomcatter87
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomcatter87 said:

You're very welcome! 🙂 Thats a great tip about the speedbrake, just noticed that it doesnt use them. I also found out now how to close those holes in the KA-6D style airbrake, so I can also make some attack version skins that look more realistic.
I noticed that one can only put the Intruder as singe airplanes, not in groups. I remember reading something about how to fix that... does someone have the answer?

242597555_2255301167946237_5601049708548

Tomcatter the flying solo thing is to do with the class of Aircraft as in Bomber/Cargo/Fighter etc, I think they changed it on the EA6B mod, forgive me being vague but it’s in the lua somewhere. Change that and you should be able to have flights rather than single aircraft 

singleInFlight = true,

I think this line is what you are looking for. Use Either true or false.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

5 hours ago, Gunslinger22 said:

Looks bloody unreal mate! Hope these are ready for the Forrestal shakedown cruise I'm preparing for the 14th! 

Thanks, glad you like 'em! I'm pretty sure they'll be ready by then. On those skins, I kept the discipline to keep my PSD layers in order - that means, I might even do a low visibility version without too much effort, so we'd have both tankers and bombers.

• Like 1

Speaking of tankers @Hawkeye60 : Do you think there would be a way to use the Intruder as a working tanker?

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 10:32 PM, R. Winters said:

@Tomcatter87 Looking forward for the skins! I was wondering if you could by any change make some more skins. Preferably a VA-52 A-6 from CVW-15. I was thinking perhaps a High/Low vis skin if possible.

image081.jpg

image053.jpg

Fun fact: without reading your post, I did a hi viz one today. Without the Lance, but with a really nice blue tail stripe, from the early 80s, USS Carl Vinson. 

• Like 2

On 9/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, Tomcatter87 said:

Fun fact: without reading your post, I did a hi viz one today. Without the Lance, but with a really nice blue tail stripe, from the early 80s, USS Carl Vinson. 

Looking forward to them, also saw you we're making a VAW-114 skin for the E-2 which will go perfectly with it 

• Like 1

Dreaming of a working KA-6.... 😉

Screen_210929_215559.jpgScreen_210930_123217.jpgScreen_210930_123514.jpgScreen_210930_123231.jpgScreen_210930_123132.jpg

• Like 5