VSN Grumman A-6A Intruder

Hawkeye60

On 8/29/2021 at 8:49 PM, Hawkeye60 said:

Very much a WIP.

I have asked for a templet.

I needed to fool with this version to get a cockpit.

Two links, First, a WIP link, ai only.

Second, A flyable link, which I had trouble with first try.

YMMV

Great Start!

Looking  forward to more!

New versions shall be posted in this post, as I get them.

Enjoy!

WIP

https://filehorst.de/folder.php?key=drM4dWUf

Flyable

https://filehorst.de/download.php?file=dqBAFqlu

Screen-210829-203657.jpg

Screen-210829-203712.jpg

Screen-210829-203626.jpg

Everything is subject to change!

This Mod will only allow one aircraft instead of four. Is there a way to fix this issue?

Thanks

Timex2

On 12/13/2021 at 1:23 PM, crazyeddie said:

singleInFlight     = true, ----------- Change this from 'true' to 'false'

I'm sorry Crazyeddie, I don't understand! I went to my A-6A folder but I couldnt find (SINGLEINFLIGHT=true) Where can I locate this? 

Thanks Crazyeddie!!

Hello, 

VSN A-6A.png

CPU: i7 12700K 5.0 Ghz - MB: Asus Prime Z-690P - Cooler cpu: MSI MAG CORELIQUID 360R V2 - RAM: XPG Lancer RGB 64 Gb 6000 - GPU: ASUS Rog Strix Gaming RTX 4080 16G - SSD M2 PCi4: 1x XPG Gamming S70 1 TB -  1x MSI Spatium M480 2 TB - 1x Crucial P3 Plus 4 TB - Power: CORSAIR HX1000i - Case: COOLER MASTER H500 ARGBP - Hotas Warthog (FLC+THR)-  - TM MFD Coguar - Honeycomb Alfa Flight Controller - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - Virpil TCS Plus base+ SharKa-50 Collective Grip - Virpil Mongoost T-50 CM3 Throttle - Virpil Sharka-50 CP3 -  Virpil Alpha Constellation Alpha + Moongose T-50 CM3 base - Virpil ACE Collection Pedals -Track IR5 - Oculus Rift S -  HP Reverb G2 V2 - Monitor MSI Optix MAG322CQR WQHD 165 Hz - Windows 10 Pro - DCS: All Modules & Terrains

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nealius said:

I can't find the new Intruder liveries on the User Files. Looks like the last skin upload was a full 2 days ago....don't tell me they approve these things manually and we won't see it until mid-January 😞 

Sadly I think that is the case! If you'd like I can try and do google drive or something rather.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

On 10/15/2021 at 5:16 PM, crazyeddie said:

{ CLSID = "{MER-5E_MK82x5}",arg_value = 0.0,attach_point_position = {0.0, -0.005, 0.0}},    -- MER-5E 5xMk-82
{ CLSID = "{MER-5E_Mk82SNAKEYEx5}",arg_value = 0.0,attach_point_position = {0.0, -0.005, 0.0}},    -- MER-5E 5xMk-82 Snakeye

On 10/1/2021 at 2:49 PM, Tomcatter87 said:

Cool, it works! At least the buddy pod hanging under the Intruder.

First up - thank you to everyone who has brought this mod into DCS and those who have added the skins, retextures and other features. 

Help please!  Struggling a bit with the Mer6s, the Mer 5 replacements and the buddy pod.

Firstly I am unsure of where the entries go into the lua and how the are completed (ie with the arguments etc). Do i need to have the A4 mod installed to use the tanks and  buddy pod?

Secondly when I tried to add the Mer 5 lines, the mod didnt show up in the ME (so i did something wrong there) 

Thirdly -despite replacing the lua in ordr to get a texture on the Mer 6s, they still show up untextured.  

Has anyone got a complied lua with the MER5s and the buddy pod that I could have to paste into the folder? 

Thanks

Boo

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

The Rafale by Cuesta brothers mod have a tanker version of the Rafale (AAR with the Rafale tanker version is daunting/awesome, so close), do you think it´s possible to do the same with this A-6 mod? Thank you for this mod and all of you who work on liveries!

Edited by fagulha

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 1/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, fagulha said:

The Rafale by Cuesta brothers mod have a tanker version of the Rafale (AAR with the Rafale tanker version is daunting/awesome, so close), do you think it´s possible to do the same with this A-6 mod? Thank you for this mod and all of you who work on liveries!

I'll take a stab at it in the near future. Have no idea if I can do it but I'll try

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Beldin said:

I'll take a stab at it in the near future. Have no idea if I can do it but I'll try

Thank you for taking your to reply.

I´ll be eager for the future then 🙂

Thank you and keep up.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

A KA-6 is a really interesting idea.  However: 

I believe the refuel pod on the RafaleM Nonou is part of the 3d model, not an attached item like a bomb or normal fuel tank, both of which are listed in the pylons section of the lau.  I'm not sure how you can replicate that item onto another model (KA6) since there are no refuel pods separately listed within the lua's.

That said, if you can find a way to do it let us know, I can see add on's to the A330 to make an RAF Voyager, amongst other possibilities. 

I'll, take a look. I know both CJS super bug and the Brother Rafale have Tanker versions. I also think the Super bug has the buddy tank (non functional) as an option to hang on the E/F so maybe......Also if you are a fan of the Rafale I've posted updated luas to improve AI capability with Rafale/CDG carrier combo and for the SEM/Clemenceau as well can be found their forum threads. I have more AI updates (may work for players?) for the French stuff as well but I need to clear it with the Brothers before I post.