TouchDCS release and 1st BF 109 K-4 Template SET

Slice313

With TouchDCS released officially, I started making templates for some modules, like the Tomcat. The template contains the "Fuses" panel and an "Indicators" panel. I plan on expanding it "later" with other useful panels.

Feel free to modify, share etc. 🍻

User Files link

This is an incredible tool, the possibilities are endless. This is much more powerful than the Streamdeck or DCS UFC in my opinion. Whatever panel YOU NEED, in the tip of your fingers... If I could make my 1st template in such a short time, anyone can.

TouchDCS info -> github Forum

Thanks @moridar for creating this

Screenshot 2021-08-30 at 15.02.49.png

IMG_0042.PNG

BF-109 K4.tosc Indicators Universal Phones 1.1.tosc

Edited by Slice313
update
  • Thanks 1

I'm really glad you're getting some good use out of it!

FWIW, I do think DCS UFC is a cool tool and I don't think TouchDCS is a replacement for it - I think we accomplish different things. TouchDCS is, as you touched (heh) on, all about flexibility in creating the best layout for yourself. I like to think it's pretty simple to do, and as a bonus TouchOSC also offers a lot of more advanced features with things like scripting, etc that really allow you to dive deep.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, moridar said:

I'm really glad you're getting some good use out of it!

FWIW, I do think DCS UFC is a cool tool and I don't think TouchDCS is a replacement for it - I think we accomplish different things. TouchDCS is, as you touched (heh) on, all about flexibility in creating the best layout for yourself. I like to think it's pretty simple to do, and as a bonus TouchOSC also offers a lot of more advanced features with things like scripting, etc that really allow you to dive deep.

Exactly, while DCS UFC is also great, if you need custom interfaces for any module, TouchDCS is the number one.

I am really glad I discovered and decided to jump in, my humble simpit is so much better now. While there is some learning curve, it is not difficult at all. You just a little bit of patience, the results are 100% worth the trouble.

Discord have been very useful for me when asking for help, as well as github

• Like 1

@moridarI'm trying to understand what exactly TouchDCS is. Does it require a touch screen?

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

3 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

@moridarI'm trying to understand what exactly TouchDCS is. Does it require a touch screen?

I mean I suppose it doesn't require one but I don't see the point in using a mouse or whatever to interface with it.

Maybe it will help if I break down the components.

On your pc (where you run DCS), you'll also run TouchDCS. TouchDCS is a small executable file (written by me) that will communicate with devices running TouchOSC (which I'll discuss next) and DCS-BIOS (also set up on your machine).

TouchOSC is an application that can run on just about any device - you'd likely want to run it on a tablet (iPad/Android tablet/etc) but I have seen some people ask about running it on a Surface or other device - that is also supported. I neither develop nor maintain TouchOSC - however I do often make feature requests and provide feedback to the developers and they have been very receptive. TouchOSC costs $10 (iirc) in the App Store and on Google Play. The desktop version of the application costs $15 I believe, but you can use it without a license - you'll just see an annoying popup every time you start the application.

As an aside, if anybody comes across this, I'd highly recommend purchasing the desktop application if you can afford it and use it - the TouchOSC devs have just been great and deserve all of the support they can get!

You'll build your layouts in TouchOSC, and then configure it to talk to TouchDCS. From there, you can use your tablet, phone, or other device to interact with the aircraft just like if it were an actual panel. It has two-way sync, so the state of your aircraft is also represented on your tablet (e.g. I made a fully-functional A-10 CDU layout).

There is a little bit more info as well as some layout screenshots from a hornet UFC and IFEI that I made here https://github.com/charliefoxtwo/TouchDCS/wiki

Let me know if that helps or not.

• Like 2

@moridarThanks, that gives me the picture! Sounds attractive; I'll probably try it.

• Like 3

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5