Disappearing icons in F10 Map, Rearm/Refuel popup, and Main Welcome Screen

GeoS72

I am plagued by this frequently occurring problem of disappearing icons in the F10 Map, Rearm/Refuel popup window, and Main Welcome Screen while in a Multiplayer server. I'd like to stress that this problem is limited to my game while in Multiplayer.

An example of the missing icons is attached.

One should clearly see the lack of icons in this map of the Persian Gulf. Life bars are visible but all remaining icons disappeared. This screen shot should be filled with Red and Blue icons. Also note the lack of window frames in the lower left corner when a unit is selected. This effect randomly happens when selecting a unit. Once this occurs, the only remedy is to exit DCS completely then launch it again. This event randomly happens - it may not happen in a 6hr period. I've had it happen at least 4 times in a 2hr span.

I previously read a "fix" AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT video cards. This recommendation suggested to disable the In-Game Overlay option in the Radeon preferences menu. I have this feature disabled and I'm still encountering the disappearing icons.

My current setup:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-core processor

GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB

RAM: 48GB DDR4

M/B: Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming ATX

All drivers are up to date.

Has this bug been previously reported? Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is another thread with similar complaints then please help me find it or cross-link to it.

Screen_210829_133143a.png

• Thanks 1

There's a possibility the latest AMD graphic driver fixes the disappearing icons bug:

This bug hasn't been reported yet because we need a track showing reproducbility, because if devs cannot reproduce an issue, they cannot fix it. In case the latest AMD driver doesn't fix this issue, @Pipok will make one and I'll send it to other beta-testers (I have an NVIDIA GPU).

1 hour ago, Desert Fox said:

Also completely missing the airport info window that shows frequencies, runway info and the like. Seems quite random and i did not find a trigger yet.

This is not a random issue. It happens when the F10 view is set to "Map Only" in the mission. This issue has been reported already.

• Thanks 1

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Flappie,

Thanks for the reply. I too recently updated my graphics drivers to 21.8.2 and still experienced the disappearing icons. I will do my best to post a track file when this occurs again. Expect the file within a day or two.

• Thanks 1

Same here, running an AMD 6700XT.  latest driver updated, but still a problem.  It happens randomly during a multiplayer game, perhaps zooming in and out too much on the F10 Map?

The only way to fix it (Temporarily) is to shut down and restart DCS.

Has anyone from ED confirmed whether this is a bug being actively worked on?

Thanks.

Edited by CMD-Wade

I'm posting for a buddy in my squadron who encounterd the same problem as me. He encountered the missing icons within 15min of the Server starting up.

His CPU is a Ryzen 9 3900X

His GPU is a Radeon RX 5700 XT

See the DxDiag text file and a link to the track file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2AgLnsKylQO3pyVEKehZVKgMMgHo501/view?usp=sharing

P.S. My buddy also has Combined Arms.

DxDiag-Goose.txt

Edited by GeoS72
Added post script

Here is a failure that I recorded moments ago. This occurred within minutes of testing my squadron's map in the Mission Editor. See the link for the single player track file. The screenshot below also shows missing icons from the Mission Editor after exiting game play. All of my other information remains unchanged from previous posts.

Single Player Track File Launched from ME

Screen_210907_230702a.png

• 3 weeks later...

same problem here.

I also have a radeon RX 5700XT 

Updating drivers didn't help. The problem only occurs in GCI/JTAC operator slot or combined arms F10 map. Not on the regular slot map. But this might have something to do which symbols are shown on the map. Usually i play on servers with everything disabled on F10.

It first occured up with the upgrade to 2.7.