Is Voice attack and the Viacom dcs add on compatible with DCS Beta?

fenmonster

Hi Gang,

Is Voice attack and the Viacom dcs add on compatible with DCS Beta?  I seem to have voice attack ready to go, but I have yet to see the zip file for the DCS viacom add on. I have downloaded the program several times, but I have yet to see the zip file shown in the red circle.  I tried the dll file swap with no luck. I have never seen the Viacom control panel and have never been prompted to enter my purchase key anywhere as of yet.  I'm hoping I'm just missing something simple.

Thanks,

Fenmonster

I am 1 to 2 days behind you brother.

Looking forward to the responses.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

voiceattack and vaicom both work with beta. what red circle? do you have plugin support enabled in voiceattack settings? and put vaicom files in voiceattack/apps folder, then imported the profile into voiceattack?

for configuration window, It shows the default hotkey in the log in voiceattack when vaicom loads ("Press LCtl + LAlt + C for config"). or you can verify the hotkey in the voiceattack profile (assuming you have the profile imported).

In the About tab of the vaicom configuration window is where you can enter key.

page 5 of the user manual is a good guide for this part of the process

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_user_manual.pdf

• Like 1

If you have installed the 64-bit version of VoiceAttack (VA) and have used the Vaicom installer you will need to add an additional step.

64-bit is a recent development for VA and the Vaicom installer still assumes VA is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder as a 32-bit program. You will therefore need to copy the files from Voiceattack\apps\vaicompro in the x86 folder to Program Files\Voiceattack\apps\vaicompro

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

On 8/30/2021 at 5:16 PM, Munkwolf said:

voiceattack and vaicom both work with beta. what red circle? do you have plugin support enabled in voiceattack settings? and put vaicom files in voiceattack/apps folder, then imported the profile into voiceattack?

for configuration window, It shows the default hotkey in the log in voiceattack when vaicom loads ("Press LCtl + LAlt + C for config"). or you can verify the hotkey in the voiceattack profile (assuming you have the profile imported).

In the About tab of the vaicom configuration window is where you can enter key.

page 5 of the user manual is a good guide for this part of the process

https://www.vaicompro.com/uploads/7/5/4/3/75436709/vaicom_pro_user_manual.pdf

Hi Munkwolf,  I am running in admin mode and plugin support is enabled.  I have tried LCtl + LAlt + C for config, but nothing happens. I don't think the actual program is actually loading.  Hornblower has a sugestion that I'll try when I'm not wiped out from work lol.  Thanks for the suggestions and info.

-Fenmonster

17 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

If you have installed the 64-bit version of VoiceAttack (VA) and have used the Vaicom installer you will need to add an additional step.

64-bit is a recent development for VA and the Vaicom installer still assumes VA is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder as a 32-bit program. You will therefore need to copy the files from Voiceattack\apps\vaicompro in the x86 folder to Program Files\Voiceattack\apps\vaicompro

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Hi Hornblower,  I will try this suggestion. Probably Wednesday on my day off.  Hopefully the file copy/transfer will do the trick.  

Thanks for the help,

Fenmonster

22 hours ago, fenmonster said:

Hi Hornblower,  I will try this suggestion. Probably Wednesday on my day off.  Hopefully the file copy/transfer will do the trick.  

Thanks for the help,

Fenmonster

Hi Hornblower,

Great suggestion!  It seems to be working now.  I just need to start figuring out the ins and outs of the commands.

Many Thanks!

Fenmonster

On 8/30/2021 at 4:57 PM, Rogue Trooper said:

I am 1 to 2 days behind you brother.

Looking forward to the responses.

Hi Rogue trooper,

This is what Hornblower suggested I try and it worked.

if you have installed the 64-bit version of VoiceAttack (VA) and have used the Vaicom installer you will need to add an additional step.

Hope this helps,

Fenmonster

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up fenmonster, I already manually loaded it to the 64 bit file.

I had a serious amounts of problems getting it going until I replaced my HP VR Headset Microphone and speakers with a pair of headphones with built in Microphone boom.

My main problem seemed to be with microphone drop out from the HP VR G2 headset.

Seems to be running sweet now..... kneeboard pops up if I mumble nebord!

Truly Superb Kneeboard in Viacom!.... simply supreme!

Waiting.... patiently.... for the Hind hook up and co pilot coms package!

Edited by Rogue Trooper
  • Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.