Head clipping through canopy

Basilone

Serious head clipping through the canopy tonight.  I've never had this issue in modern jets (or it is so exceptionally rare I have no memory of it happening), but it happens routinely in all my WW2 modules (P51+P47+A8).  Its never happened this bad in the other two, usually when leaning and I'll clip through a little bit on the top corners of the screen.  This was head completely out of the cockpit and I didn't even need to lean, only turned my head a bit to check 6.  I tried to recreate this in singleplayer and only had the typical slight clipping on the edges with major head movement, so maybe this is more of a multiplayer issue, but this was going on for almost 2hrs online and recentering the trackir didn't help.

Edited by Basilone
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, pretty sure I figured out what is causing this.  Every time this has happened it was spawning in to a hot start aircraft.  When you spawn in to hot start slot and keep canopy closed the whole time, the head positioning behaves like the canopy was never shut.  If you open and close it again, it works like it should.