AV-8B Squadron

ZQuickSilverZ

I am looking for an AV-8B based squadron with loose requirements. I work 4/10s so I am only available on Fri/Sat/Sun. I am also a member of a rotary squadron and that will be my primary squadron if there is a scheduling conflict. I just wanted to be upfront about that.

I know very little of the AV-8B but I have been practicing with it. Right now I am training with IR mavericks with some issues but I am gaining knowledge each day I train.

My purpose for joining the squad is obviously to gain instruction and feedback (as well as share instruction and feedback) regarding the Harrier but also to fly with people that appreciate the airframe and want to maximize it's potential.

I really rather only fly with a squadron dedicated to this specific airframe if possible. If not just this airframe than a very large focus on it.

I have head tracking (both optical/gyroscopic (switching to only gyroscopic soon) hybrid and VR.  I have voice communication software (Discord, Ventrillo, TS3). I own most of the maps. If I need one and don't have it I will buy it. I own the supercarrier. I have a HOTAS (VKB GF3 MCE 200mm extension, VIRPIL VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip and VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle) and pedals (Thrustmaster TPR).

Anyway I hope to hear back soon.

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

ZQuickSilverZ

I fly the AV8b as well. I'm still working on getting a full squadron together, but we do have a good group of people. Here is a link to my discord (AIN). We have our own server, and we're working on building up some missions. Anyway, you, or anyone else looking to fly is welcome to drop by and find someone to fly with. 

https://discord.gg/Hempj9772b

14 hours ago, Dscross said:

ZQuickSilverZ

I fly the AV8b as well. I'm still working on getting a full squadron together, but we do have a good group of people. Here is a link to my discord (AIN). We have our own server, and we're working on building up some missions. Anyway, you, or anyone else looking to fly is welcome to drop by and find someone to fly with. 

https://discord.gg/Hempj9772b

Hi there, 

Can I ask what time zone you're in? Also when do you folks usually fly? Thanks! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

FupDuck,

I am in easter Standard time, USA. I'm retired from the U.S. Army because of a few to many dings, so I'm on afternoons, evenings, and middle of the night. Usually when we get the biggest groups it's between 9PM-2Am EST as everyone's children are usually in bed by then, and the honey-do lists are done. But we also have a few of us that play early to mid-afternoon's as well. 

4 hours ago, Dscross said:

FupDuck,

I am in easter Standard time, USA. I'm retired from the U.S. Army because of a few to many dings, so I'm on afternoons, evenings, and middle of the night. Usually when we get the biggest groups it's between 9PM-2Am EST as everyone's children are usually in bed by then, and the honey-do lists are done. But we also have a few of us that play early to mid-afternoon's as well. 

Well that sounds perfect actually! Those are pretty much exactly the same times I play, and I am also on Eastern time. What would I need to do to sign up? Just go to the discord? 

Thanks! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

On 1/8/2022 at 5:55 PM, FupDuck said:

Well that sounds perfect actually! Those are pretty much exactly the same times I play, and I am also on Eastern time. What would I need to do to sign up? Just go to the discord? 

Thanks! 

FupDuck, Yeah, just come on over to the discord. Here's a new link, just in case. We had a bunch of people on last night and I think 2-3 harriers were flying. (I was in my SA342 if you don't count a couple tomcat sorties as a RIO. I'm still learning the back seat, but we did pretty well.) 

https://discord.gg/QXE4yEWjHr

• 3 weeks later...