Has the Hind got IFF that is working .

KoN

Ok been on Hoggit a few times this week and i keep getting shot down by my own players .

I'm guessing the IFF isn't working yet . ?? 

Also some strange damage modeling is happening . Got a missile that nearly hit but fragmented and peppered the hind but still in good shape . 

How ever i had no controls that worked . No rudder and no input on joystick or collective .  The hind just flew straight until it hit a hill . ??  

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

2 hours ago, KoN said:

Ok been on Hoggit a few times this week and i keep getting shot down by my own players .

I'm guessing the IFF isn't working yet . ?? 

Also some strange damage modeling is happening . Got a missile that nearly hit but fragmented and peppered the hind but still in good shape . 

How ever i had no controls that worked . No rudder and no input on joystick or collective .  The hind just flew straight until it hit a hill . ??  

Your crew were probably killed. Unlike other modules, pilot kills in the Hind currently don't blank the screen. They just die (quite easily I might add) and you find out by not being able to do anything.

• Thanks 1

Pilots killed i guess that could be the answer . Lets hope that we have some sort of indications that we are dead or badly injured . 

And yes i think people just aren't bothering checking the map before they fire their AA missiles . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

IFF in DCS is magic for pretty much everything. If you are getting killed by friendlies equipped with radar, then they are just team killing for a laugh or don't know how to use the radar. If we're talking about aircraft that lack radar, such as other choppers, harriers or some with sketchy radar like MiG-21's and F-5's, then yeah, fair mistake as it's basically impossible to tell who is who unless aircraft are side restricted.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.