Cockpit texture fixes

MYSE1234

Version 2.81 anyone? No.. Oh ok...

This time with even more subtle details. Got some dust illuminating on the instruments now. Also got some smudges that blur the text behind it slightly, while also illuminating a bit.

Screen_211228_001317.png

• Like 2

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

I assum that you have to choose between the English cockpit mod and this mod.  Is that correct?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

2 hours ago, sobe said:

I assume that you have to choose between the English cockpit mod and this mod.  Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. Choose well 😉

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does this mod go into the saved games folder or main game folder

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

17 minutes ago, LazyBoot said:

I don't suppose there's any way to get the FR22 group and base selector windows illuminated?

There is not unfortunately. HB has to do that.

14 minutes ago, sobe said:

Does this mod go into the saved games folder or main game folder

Main game folder

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Got it.  I forgot to activate the mod in my mod installer.  Working fine.

However, in the default cockpit or with your mod, the HUD symbology does not appear.  Any suggestions?

17 minutes ago, sobe said:

Got it.  I forgot to activate the mod in my mod installer.  Working fine.

However, in the default cockpit or with your mod, the HUD symbology does not appear.  Any suggestions?

Master mode in NAV, and that should be it.
All symbology also disappear if you pitch up/down >10°, by design.

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nope.  It is in NAV mode and still no HUD.

New version v2.83

• Canopy jettison cover got some new illumination details on it

ENGLISH version released

Same mod as before, but with english writing on the panels. Instead of the superior Swedish there by default.

Screen_220106_191218.jpg

Screen_220106_191211.jpg

Screen_220106_191212.jpg

Screen_220106_191213.jpg

Screen_220106_191214.jpg

Screen_220106_191215.jpg

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cheeky of you to replace the emergency checklist with the FL/metric conversion chart as seen in Gustav 52... 🙂

Also, if the screenshots may be believed, the waypoint button labeling (W1-9) doesn't match the destination indicator labeling (B1 in the screenshot).

Edited by renhanxue

@MYSE1234 I just noticed the quantity selector switch positions are labeled SNGL/PAIR in your English cockpit, while in the Swedish cockpit they are EINKL/SERIE.  I assumed SERIE meant "launch them all in a series".  Does it really mean pair?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

10 hours ago, Machalot said:

@MYSE1234 I just noticed the quantity selector switch positions are labeled SNGL/PAIR in your English cockpit, while in the Swedish cockpit they are EINKL/SERIE.  I assumed SERIE meant "launch them all in a series".  Does it really mean pair?

You are correct. SERIE does indeed mean "launch them all in a series", except for the "all" part of it. It only ever does two per press, so to make the function of it 100% clear I decided to go with "PAIR".

Might not be 100% realistic, but then again the English isn't either, so I'm not too bothered by it personally.

12 hours ago, renhanxue said:

Also, if the screenshots may be believed, the waypoint button labeling (W1-9) doesn't match the destination indicator labeling (B1 in the screenshot).

Crap. So it would seem... I knew I had forgotten something. 🤦‍♂️
Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

v2.831 -  English

Destination indicator text should now also be in "English".

Edited by MYSE1234

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

SERIE does indeed mean "launch them all in a series", except for the "all" part of it. It only ever does two per press, so to make the function of it 100% clear I decided to go with "PAIR".

What about with M/71 bombs and rockets? I haven't found an obvious difference between SERIE and EINKL.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

33 minutes ago, Machalot said:

What about with M/71 bombs and rockets? I haven't found an obvious difference between SERIE and EINKL.

The switch has no effect on those weapons. With those all are dropped/fired regardsless of any switch position.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

46 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

The switch has no effect on those weapons. With those all are dropped/fired regardsless of any switch position.

Why does the label below the switch include the words ARAK and BOMB?

I guess it's for ARAK sight range setting.  But BOMB is under the SERIE/IMP side.

(Just realized I have been typing EINKL when I should have typed IMP in all the previous posts.)

Edited by Machalot

1 hour ago, MYSE1234 said:

I am not sure about M/71 but I am sure I can fire 1 rocket from each pod at a time. 

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

2 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

I am not sure about M/71 but I am sure I can fire 1 rocket from each pod at a time. 

I suppose I need to get in the game and test it, but based on the label that switch seems intended to control the range of the rocket sight (ARAK NORM/LA or NORM/LR in English), not the number of rockets fired.

...and bad thing is I forgot which switch... time to make another vid...

Ah, it is the MALVAL/PREP switch.

Please watch this short vid:

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Right yeah, fair point.

Correction: IRL the switches have no effect on bombs or rockets. The "SERIE/IMPULS" switch does however effect practice bombs when used, again one or two bombs dropped.
The rocket setting on the switch is for the long range mode for them.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]