Cockpit texture fixes

MYSE1234

Question: I dunno if it were there all along, there is a "patch" thing just about the digit "0". I am using the latest texture fix.

viggen.jpg

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

18 minutes ago, VFGiPJP said:

Question: I dunno if it were there all along, there is a "patch" thing just about the digit "0". I am using the latest texture fix.

*img*

Sorry, I do not understand your question. Would you be able to clarify it for me please?

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Sorry, I mean the "patch" highlighted in purple:

viggen.jpg.7e179d89d5ebd050dda71a182e2499e3.jpg

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I see. It's been there since the beginning I'm pretty sure. It's part of the warning flag on the instrument. In the down position it hides the red "warning" that is behind it, and in the up position shows it.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

v2.84

Swedish

• NEW Sidewinder tone - now has a higher (probably more accurate) frequency of 1500Hz
  • Dotted a few letters (Å,Ä,Ö) and some minor lighting changes.

English

• SW tone, same as above
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why are you still having to make updates to this?  I thought they incorporated your textures into the official release.

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

2 hours ago, Machalot said:

Why are you still having to make updates to this?  I thought they incorporated your textures into the official release.

Not all of them, "only" the texture for the text on the "DI" and "Data panel" is used as far as I know. Everything else is not, hence the continued work.

But I like it this way tbh. I can just keep adding stuff that I find lacking or missing, at will. And if others enjoy it, I'll happily share it here. It was mainly for myself in the beginning, but saw no point in keeping it to myself. If I like it, others probably also will. Maybe not all, but some, and that's good enough for me. 🙂

• Like 6

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New version (v2.85) for the people using VR. It will now change the default main menu, to a Viggen themed one.
If you do not have VR you can still download this version, but you won't see any difference.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

New optional addition to the mod: An imperial altimeter. Sort off..
I saw this in a SK37 on youtube and thought: "After all, why not? Why shouldn't I"

The long arm's scale is x1000, and accurate up to 3000ft (~910m)
The short arm's scale is x10000, and accurate up to 30000ft (~9100m)

Download in OP

image.png

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Added a modification to the distance indicator to show the distance in NM. It's not as accurate as the km scale, but is close enough for everything you might need it for. Not that it's very difficult to estimate it already...

Note that the window now says "x1" and "x10", instead of "KM" and "MIL".

If you do not wish to use it, but still want to use the imperial altimeter, you can simply remove the texture named "LNS_VIG_CPT_UV05.dds" inside the folder. Or vice versa...

image.png

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

35 minutes ago, MYSE1234 said:

Added a modification to the distance indicator to show the distance in NM. It's not nearly as accurate as the km scale, but enough to give a rough estimate. Not that it's very difficult to estimate it already...

Note that the window now says "x1" and "x10", instead of "KM" and "MIL".

If you do not wish to use it, but still want to use the imperial altimeter, you can simply remove the texture named "LNS_VIG_CPT_UV0.dds" inside the folder.

Spoiler

image.png

While I do like the idea of this, I can't help but feel like it might have been better if there was some way to get more separation/differentiation between the original KM scale vs the added NM one.

I just feels like it might be too busy with the new NM scale crammed into the same ring as the regular KM scale.

Edited by LazyBoot

On 4/8/2022 at 1:04 AM, LazyBoot said:

While I do like the idea of this, I can't help but feel like it might have been better if there was some way to get more separation/differentiation between the original KM scale vs the added NM one.

I just feels like it might be too busy with the new NM scale crammed into the same ring as the regular KM scale.

I 100% agree that it was a bit too cramped.
I've updated it with a much more easier-to-read version. With this change it was also possible to add more lines to decrease the need for guessing; It will now show every NM from 0 up to 22. Even numbers are marked with a long line with every 4th numbered, starting with #2. All odd numbers are shown with the smaller lines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I hate this mod, it makes all other offices look bad.... 😛

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update to the imperial instrument modification. I had accidentally messed up the instrument lighting a little (some text not aligned properly between normal and illuminated texture) when I made the modded distance indicator. It should now be fixed
This should not impact the base mod, only the one with imperial modifications.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am 18.4.2022 um 03:22 schrieb MYSE1234:

Update to the imperial instrument modification. I had accidentally messed up the instrument lighting a little (some text not aligned properly between normal and illuminated texture) when I made the modded distance indicator. It should now be fixed
This should not impact the base mod, only the one with imperial modifications.

Thanks!! Can I download it from the same link?

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

5 minutes ago, Jagdgeschwader said:

Thanks!! Can I download it from the same link?

Yep, same link as previously.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

v2.84

• Changed FLI37 “wing” appearance slightly
  • Corrected placement on 60° and 90° markers on FLI37
  • Added emissiveness to α15,5 button
  • Removed mipmap for annunciator panels - better text visibility
  • Lowered the resolution on annunciator panel texture back to default - no real visual difference
  • Changed green color on annunciator panels
  • Added text on weapon jettison and X-tank jettison covers
    • X-tank jettison cover is duplicated onto the RENSA cover, but it’s not very visible. Unfortunately can not change this
    • Seems to not be possible to get the right shade of red for some reason. Maybe in the future..

Download links are updated on the OP.

Nödf.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Am 15.5.2022 um 19:09 schrieb MYSE1234:

v2.84

• Changed FLI37 “wing” appearance slightly
  • Corrected placement on 60° and 90° markers on FLI37
  • Added emissiveness to α15,5 button
  • Removed mipmap for annunciator panels - better text visibility
  • Lowered the resolution on annunciator panel texture back to default - no real visual difference
  • Changed green color on annunciator panels
  • Added text on weapon jettison and X-tank jettison covers
    • X-tank jettison cover is duplicated onto the RENSA cover, but it’s not very visible. Unfortunately can not change this
    • Seems to not be possible to get the right shade of red for some reason. Maybe in the future..

Amazing, thanks!

Viggen GIF 2.gif

"If we don't end war, war will end us."  

H. G. Wells

New update: Version 3.0

• Remade CI compass to be more accurate to real life aircraft
  • Added a "6 o'clock" mark on the CI compass, also previously missing from the aircraft
  • Minor changes to some of the backlighting

Links in OP updated to v3.0

• image.png

Edited by MYSE1234
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]