option to set relevant graphic options per map as % of global options

twistking

I would like to see per map options to help deal with different system requirements of different maps.

please don't give us the full settings with absolute values though, but let the engineers pick relevant options and allow us to set them as percent of our current global values.

for example, for performance difference between map i assume "view distance", "tree distance", "object lod" and "tree lod", are effective options.

therefore there should be special options for each map, where you could assign each option a value in percent. 80% for a given option would mean 80% of the value specified in the global settings.

maybe it would be possible to have all relevant settings distilled down to one "quality" slider even. so you could set f.e. marianas to 90% "quality" and it would scale back the settings choosen by ED engineers to 90% of global settings (of course tooltips should indicate which settings are affected by the slider).

thank you.

bump for visibility.

i think this is really needed, unless of course we get some really big performance improvments for the map.

low over guam i get 40%-50% less fps than i get low over caucassus senaki area (which is most demanding part of caucassus scenery). on the smaller islands it's still 20%-30% down compared to most demanding caucassus areas. changing graphic settings every time you change the map is not an acceptable user experience and will lead to the map not being played much for many.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

bump for visibility again

I think it should be an easy fix that would offer great value to many players.
View distance, tree distance, object lod and tree lod should be enough to mitigate the performance impact a little bit and i assume that those settings don't require any re-initialization from the engine, so should be easy to be changed "on the fly"...

Thanks.

• 1 month later...