Recce JHMCS on / off

NaCH

Hi, when my SOI is the left DDI with the AZ/EL and hit Recce button to bring  JHMCS it does not work

Same happen if my SOI is the MPCD, If I hit the Recce button to bring JHMCS it does not work.

If my SOI is the Radar ATTACK in the DDI then I can turn on or off the JHMCS 

Is this an expected behavior ? 

Does Recce have other functionality that is not implemented or I don't know  yet when in AZ/EL and SA page?

A few patches ago ED added some functions to the RECCE button (i. e. for the SA format as described by @Hulkbust44 above).

Set sensor priority to the HUD or HMD to enable/disable HMD with the RECCE button.

Edited by AstonMartinDBS
  • Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

What does SA EXP on the SA page do? Expand (zoom) view?
Takes the stepped to track (or target under cursor (TUC)) and centers the SA format around it at a scale of 5nm. Very helpful for breaking out groups and seeing exact locations when the map is enabled. You can TUC your A/G designation too so you can technically use that to look around the the map. A makeshift HSI slew while we wait. Plus, we should be able to designate L+S from the SA so that makes it even more useful.

Edit: In the far future you could use the EXP on a ship D/L donor track to break out and designate a group of ships for your Harpoons... that'll be the day in DCS :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hulkbust44 said:

Yes, on the SA format event mark toggles the SA EXP over the TUC.
AZ/EL however, I'm not sure about, perhaps it toggles the AZ/EL EXP.

Mobius708

39 minutes ago, AstonMartinDBS said:

A few patches ago ED added some functions to the RECCE button (i. e. for the SA format as described by @Hulkbust44 above).

Set sensor priority to the HUD or HMD to enable/disable HMD with the RECCE button.

Thanks ! I did not know about the SA functionality. 

• Like 1