UH-1 cargo a bit too heavy?

Nealius

The "UH-1 cargo" item appears to be locked at around 2,900lbs with no ability to change it. I'm finding it almost impossible to lift this item even with extremely low fuel. 

Pickup at 1,500ft elevation, 29.92, OAT 20~22C, fuel 300lbs, unladen Huey (no hardpoints, no weapons). Once I take tension, I'm red-lining the EGT just to get the cargo "3 meters" off the ground (radar altimeter indicating less than that at 52ft with a 49ft rope). Any attempt to move into ETL results in "damaged cargo" from it smashing into the ground. 

Is this cargo only liftable on fumes or in winter weather?

Edited by Nealius

10 hours ago, petsild said:

I have tested the 800kg cargo with fuel, the heavier weight is no longer comfortable to control.

The fuel barrels? I've tried those and found them quite easy, even with 500lbs of fuel. The "UH-1" cargo (crates in a net) is almost impossible to lift. 

Ah figured it out. The weight cannot be adjusted before you place the cargo, but it can be adjusted AFTER placing the cargo. Slightly annoying.

Edited by Nealius

Vietnam overweight Huey's used to skate on whatever deck they were on until the forward speed (40kts?) made the blades grab enough lift. Not having a full tank helps.

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |