VRS SuperBug available for pre-order

badaboom

*****This is NOT your Accel. Hornet!!!!*****

This baby is incredible!!!! I'm really not exaggerating when I tell you THIS THING IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!!!!!

How about this VC in 6dof!!!

fs92008-12-2123-01-17-26.jpg

fs92008-12-2123-04-13-51.jpg

fs92008-12-2123-19-55-37.jpg

fs92008-12-2123-10-10-88.jpg

fs92008-12-2123-00-23-10.jpg

The VC is a true work of art! with TRK-IR4 6DOF the immersion is through the roof!!

you really won't believe you're flying in a sim that's 5yrs old. I only have a few hrs in her but the flight model feels very real,it feels like you are propelling a large piece of steel through the sky!!

What addons or tweaks do you use to get the graphics like that?

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Hello Subs :] The only thing I have installed is a freeware texture replacement...Real Environment Professional located here.....http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/downloads.html.

The only thing I don't like is the cloud reflections on the water,I'll have to look into tweaking it.

Just a few more.............

fs92008-12-2412-20-30-21.jpg

fs92008-12-2414-08-15-93.jpg

fs92008-12-2414-26-56-55.jpg

Edited by badaboom

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

i had a chance to quickly test it..

sustain performance, climbrate, drag, stall and recover characteristics, high AoA performance (incl engines) at first few....VERY amazing.....

...i must say this bird..oh boy....gonna go deeper and keep you up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Truthfully,When the FSX version comes out,I won't be doing any flying in the FS9 version,I bought FS9 exclusively for this aircraft. I'm not buying any scenery or enviormental addons for FS9, R.T.I can see by your fighter priority list that The Hornets' not ranked to high,so I'd probably wait.2 points though about upcoming versions.

**You will receive a discounted price on FSX version if you purchase FS9 version.

**There is talk of a "Proffesional"version for FSX,many more features will be added,carrier ACLS for one amongst others.

Edited by badaboom

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, you're right, the Hornet's not really on any particular wishlist. I can tell you from now experiencing 2 study sims worth of aircraft that don't really grab me by the balls, I'm afraid this one is going to gather dust since there's no combat involved. I guess I'll wait for the FSX version if I do get it. I wonder what the pro version will have.

What's the online flying like?

Because with the right procedural environment created by player or group, it could work very well as a combat flight simulation training tool ... before mixing it up in the *real* virtualised war on some other sim.

At a snap it might be able to be used for, team vs team, co-op, top-gun type of scenario's.

Should the software be lacking in terms of these sortie creating tools in-sim, there'd be nothing stopping people from doing it the good old way with pencils, maps & protractors.

From my perspective, I treat *all* my simulation flying as training sorties; half the fun is in analysing how to refine and improve.

My 2 cents,

Cheers!

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!