Only 2 Super 530Ds is not a valid configuration ?

R.MES

Hi !

When I mount only 2 Super 530Ds (without Magic), it's impssible to use them. Actually, they are never "Ready'. The symbol "P" never appears on the PCA and "530" symbol never stop blinking on the HUD when "530" is selected on the PCA.

I'm absolutely sure this config was working in DCS 2.6. And by the way, this config is in picture in the last official english manual, section 15-1, page 221.

When I add 2 Magics, the Super 530Ds work ! Even if I launch or drop the 2 Magics before !

So ... is it a bug or really an invalid configuration ?

R.MES

2 hours ago, R.MES said:

The symbol "P" never appears on the PCA and "530" symbol never stop blinking on the HUD when "530" is selected on the PCA.

This is a strange one, I was able to reproduce your bug but it wasn't consistent, retesting after I'd spawned in with magics previously, the 2x 530D loadout initialized fine.

I attach two tracks, one showing the bug and another where 2x 530D worked*

* I think switching to PIC had no effect as "530" was never blinking in the HUD after master arm was turned on.

Tested DCS 2.7.5.10869

M2K with only 530 won't fire missiles track2, 2_7_5_10869.trk M2K with only 530 fires after PIC lock, 2_7_5_10869.trk

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Your second track is strange. I'm not able to reproduce it. I don't understand where is the difference. But, indeed, I think it's not linked with the PIC lock : the Super 530s are "Ready" from the beginning, as soon as you switch on the Master Arm.

By the way, I'm not sure to understand what do you mean by "retesting after I'd spawned in with magics previously" ...

On 9/1/2021 at 10:28 PM, R.MES said:

I'm not sure to understand what do you mean by "retesting after I'd spawned in with magics previously" ...

• With my first test flight, I saw the bug and was unable to launch the 530D's.

• I exited the mission and added another Mirage with 530D and Magics in the ME (may have copy and pasted the aircraft, perhaps that added DB issue to the mission ?)

• Sure enough, there was no issue when the Magics were loaded as well.

• Watched the track files to see if they played back correctly, they did.

• Exited DCS, restarted and checked that the bug was still there (DCS is sometimes "Magical"/frustrating), I was surprised to find the 530D's launched.

• Retested the 1st track and took control to make sure I hadn't missed something obvious i.e. hadn't held the trigger long enough or something daft; nope there was definitely a arming/initialisation bug in that track.

Uploaded the results/tracks to support your post and help Razbam confirm the issue.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

On 9/2/2021 at 9:16 AM, myHelljumper said:

Hey guys,

This is a known issue, the 530D won't warm up if magic are not present on the aircraft. This is of course a bug.

I thought it was fixed, I'll see with the team if we can fix this for the next update :).

Does it work if you manually warm the 530's up ?

I always wondered if that was normal the missiles were automatically warmed up at start up.

15 minutes ago, tuxsmouf said:

Does it work if you manually warm the 530's up ?

I always wondered if that was normal the missiles were automatically warmed up at start up.

The bug is present even if you warm them up manually, for now the only way to have the 530 warm up without the MAGICs is to have the aircraft spawn in the air.

The 530 and MAGIC "préparation" is automatically started after a delay on engine start, this is how it is in the real aircraft.

The automatic preparation can be canceled during the delay by pressing the preparation buttons.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2021 at 6:10 PM, Steph21 said:

Silly question: why would you load only 2 x 530D without Magics ?

Firstly because it's a valid configuration, secondly I have that in mind for a special mission in my next campaign coming (very) soon (the first one here).

On 10/24/2021 at 10:03 PM, R.MES said:

Firstly because it's a valid configuration, secondly I have that in mind for a special mission in my next campaign coming (very) soon (the first one here).

You would never see that load IRL apart from Super 530D development !

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi