Aircraft on ground are difficult to destroy

I run Repair option (for Steam: Verify Integrity of Game Cache), but it did not help
[not specified]

Module
DCS: A-10C

Game version
DCS World 2.5.x

Your version installed from:
DCS site

PC specs
Windows 10 64 bit

When attacking an aircraft on the ground it is very difficult to destroy it.

The JU88 was hit by 6 Maverick and 5 Mark 84 bombs and is still not destroyed.

This is a recurring issue.

It appears the damage criteria for destruction is different when an aircraft is on the ground.

ju88.trk

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This seems to be still an issue with DCS 2.7.9.18080 , I just pounded a bunch of mig-29s on the ground with mavericks and cluster ammunition and they only showed as damaged and eventually disappeared but never counted a kill. Only a pretty direct hit with 2 mk-82s for example gave me a counted  kill. This cannot be realistic at all especially with a direct hit with a mav. I am playing with liberation so OCA missions are pretty pointless. They have an issue open to just track damage but I think the fix should be on the DCS side.

On 2/1/2022 at 1:00 AM, nitron said:

This seems to be still an issue with DCS 2.7.9.18080 , I just pounded a bunch of mig-29s on the ground with mavericks and cluster ammunition and they only showed as damaged and eventually disappeared but never counted a kill. Only a pretty direct hit with 2 mk-82s for example gave me a counted  kill. This cannot be realistic at all especially with a direct hit with a mav. I am playing with liberation so OCA missions are pretty pointless. They have an issue open to just track damage but I think the fix should be on the DCS side.

Please provide a track.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

On 2/5/2022 at 12:55 PM, Flappie said:

Please provide a track.

Done, 2 direct hits, only shows up as damaged. If you take control and let it burn it should just disappear and the kill would never be counted. ...One more thing I ran this from a liberation mission so you might get scripting errors if it's not running in the background. They can be skipped but you would still get the same result but it's a bit annoying of course. Thanks.

migmavpound.trk

Edited by nitron
added more info

I reported this issue last year and it was acknowledged but not sure if anyone bothered to fix it yet.

I used static planes on the ground and they were just impossible to destroy. Switched to AI planes and at least they are possible to destroy.

5 hours ago, b0bl00i said:

I reported this issue last year and it was acknowledged but not sure if anyone bothered to fix it yet.

I used static planes on the ground and they were just impossible to destroy. Switched to AI planes and at least they are possible to destroy.

Thanks, the aircraft are not static per say (created from the static objects flow) in the provided track. They were set to ai + uncontrolled.

12 hours ago, nitron said:

Done, 2 direct hits, only shows up as damaged. If you take control and let it burn it should just disappear and the kill would never be counted. ...One more thing I ran this from a liberation mission so you might get scripting errors if it's not running in the background. They can be skipped but you would still get the same result but it's a bit annoying of course. Thanks

Thank you. I see the MiG explodes, burns, is broken in pieces, yet it still doesn't appear as dead in the debriefing list.

mig.jpg

It reminded me of an old workaround I found a while ago, and it still works: instead of setting aircraft as "Uncontrolled", simply empty their fuel tanks so the pilot can go nowhere. See attached track, the MiG is declared dead nearly instantly.

I'll bump the internal report about this grounded aircraft damage bug.

MiG-29_controlled_no_fuel_desroyed.trk

• Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

Thank you. I see the MiG explodes, burns, is broken in pieces, yet it still doesn't appear as dead in the debriefing list.

mig.jpg

It reminded me of an old workaround I found a while ago, and it still works: instead of setting aircraft as "Uncontrolled", simply empty their fuel tanks so the pilot can go nowhere. See attached track, the MiG is declared dead nearly instantly.

I'll bump the internal report about this grounded aircraft damage bug.

MiG-29_controlled_no_fuel_desroyed.trk 47.34 kB · 2 downloads

Yep, that definitely works, thanks again. ...Ironically it should be the opposite, the more fuel the bigger the boom on such hits. Will see perhaps this can be automated when spawning idle missions in liberation as a workaround.