Boom and Basket damage

Furiz

49 minutes ago, Furiz said:

Is it possible to make the refueling boom to take damage (and damage the aircraft) when they collide with the refueling aircraft, or basked to be able to get ripped off?

I'm pretty sure Ive read that drogue and boom collision modeling and proper physics are on ED's agenda.

No ETA of course 😉

Edited by sirrah
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yeah, make A2A refuelling harder:laugh:

Tough pitch.

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.

8 minutes ago, sirrah said:

I'm pretty sure Ive read that drogue and boom damage modeling and proper physics are on ED's agenda.

No ETA of course 😉

Thanks, great to hear that, it will be much more realistic and we will have to be much much careful when that gets implemented. But with practice nothing is impossible! 😄

16 hours ago, Lace said:

Yeah, make A2A refuelling harder:laugh:

Tough pitch.

IRL flying boom is considered a bit easier than hose and drogue. In DCS right now it's the other way around - hose and drogue is a bit easier.

When hose and drogue will receive basket turbulence and collision making it a bit more difficult and flying boom will hold the aircraft with some force at the same time making it a bit easier, differences will be more realistic.

On 9/1/2021 at 4:53 PM, sirrah said:

I'm pretty sure Ive read that drogue and boom collision modeling and proper physics are on ED's agenda.

No ETA of course 😉

Correct

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta