new brrrt

colubridae

In answer to the obvious question, 'doesn't that hurt?' I can definitively state that nobody knows, but most likely, yes, it does...

From Wikipedia:

The pecking... causes the woodpecker's skull to heat up, which is part of the reason why they often peck in short bursts with brief breaks in between, giving the head some time to cool

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodpecker

That's not a Wood Pecker...  that's a Metal Pecker.   Isn't that a James Bond villain?

He'd better be careful.  When a Pecker comes out on the playground everything escalates.

Seriously though, he really should be careful.. heavy metals can make you sick.  A Pecker can get diseased if it taps the wrong thing.

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

1 hour ago, StrongHarm said:

That's not a Wood Pecker...  that's a Metal Pecker.   Isn't that a James Bond villain?

He'd better be careful.  When a Pecker comes out on the playground everything escalates.

Seriously though, he really should be careful.. heavy metals can make you sick.  A Pecker can get diseased if it taps the wrong thing.

You're thinking of Goldmember from the Austin Powers movie 🙂

Flickers tap to communicate as well as feeding or making nests.  You can hear another flicker in the background tapping in response

lol. sounds a lot like an MG42. as @jaylw314 said, they do like to tap on the loudest object they can find. they also tell all the other manbirds around that this is my stuff and dont mess with it.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain