MFG Crosswind Damper addition.

I received my Damper kit yesterday for my V2 MFG Crosswinds.

They do add a "feel of resistance" and a level of "smoothness" to the action.

One thing I did note, is that they do not return to dead center, they are always a little off to the side that was pushed.  Has anyone else noticed this?

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

It's going to have less centering ability dependent on how stiff your spring is.

I ended up reducing the dampening to one of the lowest settings for use with planes with the spring and cam attached.

If my understanding is correct, helo pilots tend to just take the spring right off and use the dampers resistance.  I love the KA-50 but really haven't tried that out in it yet.  And my set of TPRs are on the way so the MFG is likely getting retired to be spare equipment, or sold.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:08 PM, AKA_Clutter said:

One thing I did note, is that they do not return to dead center, they are always a little off to the side that was pushed.  Has anyone else noticed this?

I believe that you over tighten the nut visible around 3:50 in this video:

Didn't think I did, but worth checking.

Does your re-center without issue?

----------------

AKA_Clutter

Win 10 Pro, Intel i7 8700k @4.6 GHz, EVGA RTX 3080  FTW, Ultra 64 GB G.Skill DDR4 3600 RAM, Acer 27" flat screen, Oculus Rift S, HP Reverb G2, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Rudder Pedals HOTAS, TM Warthog HOTAS, MFG Rudder Pedals, TrackIR 5 Pro w/Vector Expansion, PointCTRL.

Thanks.  Was it just basically hand tightened?

----------------

AKA_Clutter

7 hours ago, dukovac said:

I use a soft spring and CAM5 which has a very low center detent. There was the same problem with re-centering, and after loosening the nut everything works perfectly.

I did loosen the nut some tonight.  It re-centers fine, up to a damper setting of 10 -12.  After that, it doesn't return to dead center.  

I did notice in the loosen process that I have some vertical "wobble".  I tighten the nut so that was minimized, but its still there.  I am not sure if this is normal or not.  I probably should send Milan a note/

----------------

AKA_Clutter

8 hours ago, AKA_Clutter said:

It re-centers fine, up to a damper setting of 10 -12.  After that, it doesn't return to dead center.

You need more tension on the spring if you are using stiff damper settings. Very stiff damper won't add to the experience, just my opinion.

9 hours ago, AKA_Clutter said:

I did notice in the loosen process that I have some vertical "wobble".

If you suspect a mechanical failure, be sure to contact the MFG. In my experience, they proved to be very reliable and willing to help.

Thanks once again.

----------------

AKA_Clutter