Latest SimAppPro and firmware is great!

streakeagle

I had not updated my software or firmware in a while since everything has been working exactly the way I wanted it to work. But on a whim, I started up SimAppPro and updated everything: stick, throttle, combat panel, and takeoff panel.

I immediately noticed the difference: the ability to assign an axis as an axis, buttons, or combined. I had already programmed my VKB MCG Pro to have a center depress rather than a toggle between analog and buttons, which gave me both. It is a feature that gives me flexibility and in the case of the VKB, gives me one more button that can be mapped to game functions.

A typical problem for me is the spring to center radar elevation wheel on the throttle grip. In some cases, I prefer the analog axis and in others I prefer to have it configured as buttons. Now I can have both as required rather than having to choose just one way or use SimAppPro to set my flavor of the week.

Also new, but less useful to me is the ability to configure hats to act as an analog. In theory, this is great for analog trim applications where return to center axes can't do the job. But since most sims have trim controls that also work with buttons, I never use this function. Nice to have to maximize options, but I haven't ever used it and don't anticipate ever needing it.

Aside from one lighted pushbutton having its label crack and peel off, all of my hardware has been working perfectly despite being used extensively almost every day. The only part I don't use is the stick, because I prefer the VKB MCG Ultimate. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy flying with the Winwing hardware even in VR. Getting new extremely useful features for free is just icing on the cake.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...
Am 1.9.2021 um 22:16 schrieb streakeagle:

The only part I don't use is the stick, because I prefer the VKB MCG Ultimate. Overall, I thoroughly enjoy flying with the Winwing hardware even in VR. Getting new extremely useful features for free is just icing on the cake.

Excactly what I think! 😃👍🏻

Edited by Schlomo1933