F-111 and the B-one

brettt777

I would love to see a functioning F-111 in DCS. Using the TFR to go screaming over the treetops at 600 knots... oh yeah!

And the Bone... arguably the most beautiful aircraft ever built.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I7 4790K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z97S SLI+, 32GB HyperX 2400 DDR3, GeForce RTX-3060ti 8GB DDR6, Rosewill 80plus Bronze 1000w, Corsair Hydro H100i, Intel 160GB SSD for OS, Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Intel 1TB SSD for DCS, P3D, Star Citizen, Sound Blaster Zx, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I, Logitech G940 FFB stick, dual throttle & pedals, TrackIR 5, Surround Speakers & Subwoofer, Oculus Quest 2 VR.

:joystick::pilotfly:

21 hours ago, brettt777 said:

I would love to see a functioning F-111 in DCS. Using the TFR to go screaming over the treetops at 600 knots... oh yeah!

And the Bone... arguably the most beautiful aircraft ever built.

There's just two problems with your request:
1. Both are nuclear capable aircraft with very strict rules regarding their portrals

2. Both require a second (or in the case of the BOne, up to 3 more!) crew to operate properly.

Ergo, while I'd love to see both aircraft in DCS (and yes, I agree the Lancer is a sexy angel of death and destruction), you'd have more luck stealing a B-1B from the USAF then the AFGSC letting Jon Doe Game Designer anywhere near that information.

11 hours ago, Tank50us said:

There's just two problems with your request:
1. Both are nuclear capable aircraft with very strict rules regarding their portrals

2. Both require a second (or in the case of the BOne, up to 3 more!) crew to operate properly.

Ergo, while I'd love to see both aircraft in DCS (and yes, I agree the Lancer is a sexy angel of death and destruction), you'd have more luck stealing a B-1B from the USAF then the AFGSC letting Jon Doe Game Designer anywhere near that information.

The F-16 and F-18 are both nuclear capable and the B-1B is no longer used in the nuclear role. The real problem with the B-1B is the crew size- pilot, co-pilot, WSO and EWO. I don't see the EWO station being modeled though the WSO might. The F-111 is no longer flying so I really don't see any problems except picking the right one(s) to model . 

• Like 4

The F111 would probably become one of my favorite fixed wing modules if they ever release it. Second only to the F14. It's the low level interdiction king and it would be perfect for the DCS multiplayer environment because it can deliver a huge payload into highly contested enemy airspace with no need for a screening cap. I don't do a lot of mud moving (other than in the Hind) but this would change if they ever released this baby. It's speed is it's defense. It's a shame that other modules get preference over this beautiful bomber, but it is what it is. 

Edited by Lurker
  • Like 3

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.