ECM - PCM Mode

shomke

Quick questions dear pilots:

1 - Is the PCM electronic counter measure implemented? And if yes is it really useful?

2 - I'd like to map on my hotas two buttons to increment - decrement the selected CM program, but I could not find the command to do that. Am I blind?

Thanks for helping 🙂

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.

Hi,

For now, PCM always activates the jammer as long as the switch is on the PCM position. It's not how it works IRL, we will work on that once more important subject are done.

I'm not on my computer right now, I'll check for the command you are asking for later :).

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

18 hours ago, shomke said:

Quick questions dear pilots:

1 - Is the PCM electronic counter measure implemented? And if yes is it really useful?

2 - I'd like to map on my hotas two buttons to increment - decrement the selected CM program, but I could not find the command to do that. Am I blind?

Thanks for helping 🙂

You have the button on the ECM panel on the right side of the cockpit. Just place it in the middle position.

Then you can use the HOTAS button to toggle between PCM and PCR.

Currently PCM forces the emission ON. So the HOTAS button will toggle jammer emission ON/ OFF.

You don't need to map the ECM panel button on the HOTAS. 😉

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

53 minutes ago, jojo said:

You have the button on the ECM panel on the right side of the cockpit. Just place it in the middle position.

Then you can use the HOTAS button to toggle between PCM and PCR.

Currently PCM forces the emission ON. So the HOTAS button will toggle jammer emission ON/ OFF.

You don't need to map the ECM panel button on the HOTAS. 😉

Thanks Jojo,

Yes that's what I do, just place the ECM mode selector in the centre and toogle the jammer on and off. Never used the PCM.

I read somewhere the PCM mode is supposed to be a stronger jammer that also mess up your own radar signal, so I was curious to know if it works as intended 😉

F-16C, M2000C, Persian Gulf

Ryzen 5 3600, RX 5700 XT, 32GB ram, Odyssey HMD+, Home-made TrackHat, X56 Hotas.

9 minutes ago, shomke said:

I was curious to know if it works as intended 😉

As said above, not yet.

The ECM panel button is:

- VEI. = Veille = stand by (receive only)

- middle = HOTAS toggle VEI./ PCM

- PCM

At the end, we can guess it should be kind like on DCS Hornet.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi