Dear ED, Enough Already. Release the Damn Plane!

MGM

Yes, release it now, so we can then complain about missing items and annoying bugs 🙄

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

Yes, release it now, so we can then complain about missing items and annoying bugs 🙄

not that i'm suggesting that i'd be fore an early release... but isn't it standard to complain about missing items and annoying bugs for modules regardless of the release date?

• Like 2

Ed's doing a damn great job on the damn plane.....no premature releases with any damn issues please......I'll gladly wait until the damn plane is ready.....btw ED the damn plane is really looking good 👍

• Like 2

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

2 hours ago, Basco1 said:

Ed's doing a damn great job on the damn plane.....no premature releases with any damn issues please......I'll gladly wait until the damn plane is ready.....btw ED the damn plane is really looking damn good 👍

You left out a "damn" Basco!! ^^^^ There, fixed it for ya 🙂

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On 9/3/2021 at 6:48 AM, JimBo* said:

not that i'm suggesting that i'd be fore an early release... but isn't it standard to complain about missing items and annoying bugs for modules regardless of the release date?

That user has a zero-tolerance policy on complaints about bugs or missing features. Apparently we're selfish and entitled for wanting a completed product free of bugs with long term product sustainment after release. 

Edited by Nealius
  • Like 3

Personally I have never understood the complaint about "premature releases". If a module is released in a state that you feel is too incomplete to enjoy, then just don't buy it at that time. Avoid the "premature purchase", so to speak.

27 minutes ago, Cab said:

Personally I have never understood the complaint about "premature releases". If a module is released in a state that you feel is too incomplete to enjoy, then just don't buy it at that time. Avoid the "premature purchase", so to speak.

You can only do that on the general Early Access idea, where ED tells you what's included and what's not. Now with the Mossie, I'm Ok with what's included.
What I'm talking about is the stuff you don't know until after early access release - how bug-ridden the aircraft is. See how the F-16 came out back in the day 😉 
So I'd rather not have them release it early due to some sort of pressure, but get rid of most of the bugs.

8 minutes ago, Eteokles said:

You can only do that on the general Early Access idea, where ED tells you what's included and what's not. Now with the Mossie, I'm Ok with what's included.
What I'm talking about is the stuff you don't know until after early access release - how bug-ridden the aircraft is. See how the F-16 came out back in the day 😉 
So I'd rather not have them release it early due to some sort of pressure, but get rid of most of the bugs.

Not trying to be difficult here, but I still don't see the problem. Plenty of people will buy any module on the first day. A person can just wait to read their reviews before they purchase it. And if your one of those who pre-chase or buy on release only to discover afterward it isn't in the state you require, then just set it aside until it matures. You can "simulate' that is hasn't been released yet. 😉

18 minutes ago, Eteokles said:

I can do that, but I don't see how that disallows me to prefer the thing to be released bug-free rather than too early.

Well at the end of the day it will be an Early Access module being released onto an Open Beta branch of DCS, so I wouldn't expect it to release "bug-free" to be honest. When you start going down the EA/Open Beta route I would expect there to be bugs, probably several. I for one enjoy the open beta for this very reason. I like to help out where I can with squashing the bugs.

If you personally would prefer a "bug-free" release you, as we all do, get the choice to wait until the module exits Early Access and is on the stable branch.

Edited by bart
  • Like 1

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Eteokles said:

I can do that, but I don't see how that disallows me to prefer the thing to be released bug-free rather than too early.

It doesn't. I was just sharing that I don't understand the concern.

No worries.

8 hours ago, huchanronaa said:

It will be released about September 9th, because September 9th is the official announcement that the mosquito and channel map co-purchase discounts will end.

i think it just mean it won't be released before the 9th. to be sure only time will tell.

Oh JimBo......'I think it  just mean it won't be released before the 9th' ????......come on mate get yourself a beer,watch a film,chill out,this is just a module of one particular sim....it's gonna come this month that's for sure.....surely you can wait just that little bit longer buddy 👍

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

4 hours ago, Basco1 said:

Oh JimBo......'I think it  just mean it won't be released before the 9th' ????......come on mate get yourself a beer,watch a film,chill out,this is just a module of one particular sim....it's gonna come this month that's for sure.....surely you can wait just that little bit longer buddy 👍

Oh Basco... read into it again. 

"i think it just mean it won't be released before the the 9th." how you made the jump to "come on mate get yourself a beer,..." take your time we got all month or longer.

wheel chocks.

Edited by JimBo*

Wow! If this thread actually works then: Dear ED: Fix all of the damn issues with all of the damn not finished modules that you released years ago instead of making more incomplete modules and asking for more damn money........

Yeah well......Damn.......Was worth a try..........

Edited by Zimmerdylan
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, JimBo* said:

Oh Basco... read into it again. 

"i think it just mean it won't be released before the the 9th." how you made the jump to "come on mate get yourself a beer,..." take your time we got all month or longer.

wheel chocks.

I apologise JimBo.....ROFL....but it's your grammar mate,it threw me,it should read 'means' not 'mean',I read it how it reads my old China 😉