Lengthy Missions

I really have enjoyed this campaign so far, but I had a thought, especially around mission 8, which takes so looonnnggg.  I think that was the mission where I lose my wingman to a malfunction and fly around alone for 2 or 3 hours listening to JTAC tell me what to blow up and then I get ordered to fly to an airport, reload and do it all again.  I understand the purpose here is to convey that sense of intensity and need to act fast.  For those of us that are just simming and can't take the better part of a day to do this, it would be awesome if these longer missions were divided up.  Yeah, it would lose some of that sense of grueling intensity but it would be more doable in the real world.

Alternatively, I wish there was a way to save one's place in a mission, quit and get back to it later.  That would be really nice!

Apart from that, I love the campaign.  Well voiced, good missions, has a realistic feeling to it.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/3/2021 at 1:03 AM, Cerulean said:

I wish there was a way to save one's place in a mission, quit and get back to it later.  That would be really nice!

Hear hear!

This campaign and the way the missions are built really needs that, heh. In any game you'd hit 'quicksave' after each of the happenings in these loooong and beautifully scripted missions. 

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

23 hours ago, schurem said:

Hear hear!

This campaign and the way the missions are built really needs that, heh. In any game you'd hit 'quicksave' after each of the happenings in these loooong and beautifully scripted missions. 

Here's hoping we'll get it one day!  For my upcoming Hornet campaign I have started putting checkpoints in the longer, more challenging missions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1