Vegas 8 help

TheMoose

Hi guys,

I’m new to vegas, but I like the export feature very much. Much better then Premiere so far, in regards of quality vs size. Still a noob of course, not scared of admitting that. But my question is, where in vegas can you insert text and implement effects on it? Unlike Premiere that has this feature built in inside templates for intro and conclusion. For the sake of me I’m unable to see where this feature is implemented in Vegas… Is it there?

Thanks again

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

I'm far from being an expert but is this what you're looking for?

Sony_Vegas_8.jpg

Place cursor in the timeline and left-click to place the text start. Then right-click and select "Insert Text Media".

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks

I most be blind, lol :thumbup:

Antec 900 gaming tower, PSU: Corsair 750W, Q6600, Asus P5K, 8Gig Mushkin, Nvidia eVGA 280 GTX Superclocked 1G DDR3, SSDNOW200 Kingston Drive, TrackIr 3000+Vector, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick, Saitek rudder pedals pro, Sharp 42" inch LCD Aquo. OS: windows 7 64bit.

Thanks

I most be blind, lol :thumbup:

Don't feel bad. It took me awhile to figure it out, even with the Help file. I just realized that I could make text change color over time two days ago. :) Then again, I don't have to get overly complex in making my tutorials

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I need more help. I'm stuck, how to trim down sounds? Basically I'm at the end of my track, but I don’t want the sound / music to promptly close. I need too trim it down to acceptable level…

Thanks in advance Rich and all S!

Cheers

Edited by TheMoose

I assume you mean you want to reduce the amplitude?

If so (and I am talking generically here, I don't have any experience with Vegas) you will proababy see some form of volume control, either a clickable line on the sound form (add a point to where you want the volume to start decresing from and then select the final point at the end of the wave form and drag it down), or you select a chunk of it select audio options and select fade out, or you add a key point to where you want the sound to start reducing from and then go to the end of the sound and turn it down with the volume controls.

I am talking generically remember, it might be nothing like the above, but might help you until someone with some experience comes along.

Regards

Paul

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I need more help. I'm stuck, how to trim down sounds? Basically I'm at the end of my track, but I don’t want the sound / music to promptly close. I need too trim it down to acceptable level…

Thanks in advance Rich and all S!

Cheers

Are you talking about making the music, etc fade to zero rather than abruptly end? If so, that's easy.

Look at your audio clip in Vegas. In the upper right corner at the end of the clip, you will see a small blue triangle. Put your mouse on it and your mouse will change to an arrow with two heads and a fade icon. Click and drag to the left for the desired length of the fade.

You can do the same with the blue triangle on the upper left at the beginning of the audio clip to have the sound fade in rather than abruptly start.

Rich

_____

:thumbup: Thanks Rich

Rich

I dedicate this small project of mine to you, without your assistance. It would have not been possible. Well would have taken longer ;) So thanks again, hope you enjoy it.

Click Here 780x480 31 meg

Click here 1280x760 51 meg

Now waiting on BlackShark :D

Input appreciated as well.

Cheers & S!

Edited by TheMoose

...hope you enjoy it...

Enjoyed it a great deal! Thank you. I especially liked the composites. Looking forward to more videos. :) Get busy.

Rich

_____

Getting busy, working on a plot.

Thanks Rich.

Cheers

Hope you don't mind me asking a vegas question in here. I need help with rendering in vegas 9, i want to render it in wmv, i set the video rendering quality to best

This is what is looks like

Capture.jpg

But some of my video footage appear a bit jaggy even though the original video is not. So how can i improve it. THe things i changed from the original template of the wmv is changing mode to Bit rate VBR and set average bit rate to 3.

...i want to render it in wmv, i set the video rendering quality to best...

...But some of my video footage appear a bit jaggy even though the original video is not. So how can i improve it. THe things i changed from the original template of the wmv is changing mode to Bit rate VBR and set average bit rate to 3.

Is the finished product for viewing on a TV or a PC? If the latter, then you should change the frame rate to 25.000 PAL. The frame rate you currently have selected is best used for viewing on standard definition TV.

Rich

Edited by Ironhand

_____

It's going to be viewed on both tv and pc since its for a presentation of mine but I also want others to view it on their pc later. How would lowering the framerates from 29 to 25 make it less jaggy?

The difference can cause artifacts. However, did you resize the rendering to make the width and height of the video substantially smaller? That will sometimes cause jagged edges as well.

Rich

_____

• ED Team

PythonOne:

See the rendering settings, in your screenshot its set to "Bit rate VBR" mode.

Try to change this to CBR mode instead (should be the top selection).

Also, i see your audio settings is at 64 kpbs. Change this to 128 for better quality.

• ED Team

Nice "test movie" you got there Moose. :)

For the future though, no matter what you're making, show variation in your shots, cut to the next shot a little sooner, rather than showing 15 seconds long shots with nothing happening. And the credits went by a little too fast ;)

Keep it up :D

Thanks GA coming from a master like you, that means a lot.:thumbup:

I know the credit is bit too fast. I don’t like the “text” effects so far with Vegas. I still prefer premiere in that domain. Most likely I haven’t got the hang of it with Vegas with the text.:cry:

Still working on it :book:

:D