Aim-9 noise after plane restart.

AUS_Heracles

Hi all,

It seems that after you restart the hornet and you have a Aim-9 (any variant) onboard the seeker is active and you got the buzzing tone. Have to enable A/A button and then disable A/A to get rid of the noise. I have carried out DCS long repair and noise still occurs. I have included a track file.

Regards,

John.

hornet sidewinder noise.trk

Edited by AUS_Heracles
  • Like 1

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

• ED Team

Please check your bindings you seem to be enabling AIM-9 at startup. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Similar issue during start up with ground power and CATM-9. After engine start using external air supply, the AIM9 tone kicks in. I have to cycle A/A mode button to make it stop.

My procedure:

1. BATT > ON

2. Fire test > A and B

3. Request ground power

4. Ground power switch > RESET

5. Ground power switch 1 and 2 > B

6. DDI's, HUD, AMPCD > ON

7. Air supply > Connect, than apply

8. ENG crank > Right

9. Right throttle > IDLE

When engine stabilizes on idle rpm-s the AIM9 tone kicks in.

I will try to make a short track later on.

Edited by Wroblowaty

On 9/6/2021 at 6:21 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Please check your bindings you seem to be enabling AIM-9 at startup. 

thanks

I retested with no HOTAS setup, so key bindings as set on key board from installation of module and still same issue with AIM-9 noise. Note: I only have this happen if I do a hot start and then turn the hornet off and then start it up again or if I do a cold and dark start the hornet up turn it off then start it up again. It wont happen to me from a mission start cold and dark situation. I have also tried resetting the keyboard bindings with my HOTAS disconnected and still happens.

hornet sidewinder noise test 2.trk

I feel the need The need for jet engines to create thrust in order to have differential pressure on the wings which achieves aerodynamics lift at high velocity Ooww!! :pilotfly:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

• ED Team
On 9/7/2021 at 8:27 AM, Wroblowaty said:

Similar issue during start up with ground power and CATM-9. After engine start using external air supply, the AIM9 tone kicks in. I have to cycle A/A mode button to make it stop.

My procedure:

1. BATT > ON

2. Fire test > A and B

3. Request ground power

4. Ground power switch > RESET

5. Ground power switch 1 and 2 > B

6. DDI's, HUD, AMPCD > ON

7. Air supply > Connect, than apply

8. ENG crank > Right

9. Right throttle > IDLE

When engine stabilizes on idle rpm-s the AIM9 tone kicks in.

I will try to make a short track later on.

This is different and has already been reported

• Like 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
6 hours ago, AUS_Heracles said:

I retested with no HOTAS setup, so key bindings as set on key board from installation of module and still same issue with AIM-9 noise. Note: I only have this happen if I do a hot start and then turn the hornet off and then start it up again or if I do a cold and dark start the hornet up turn it off then start it up again. It wont happen to me from a mission start cold and dark situation. I have also tried resetting the keyboard bindings with my HOTAS disconnected and still happens.

hornet sidewinder noise test 2.trk 65.17 kB · 0 downloads

in your track you flick the master arm and A/A switch is there any reason you are doing this during startup? 

18 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

in your track you flick the master arm and A/A switch is there any reason you are doing this during startup? 

This was to disable the AIM-9 noise. Toggling the A/A to on then off makes the noise goes away. In hind sight you can just enable the A/A button then disable it with out toggling the master arm switch but I thought if I toggle the master arm on and off it will do the same but it did not. only toggling A/A on then off disabled the AIM-9 noise

• 2 weeks later...

Deleted save games folder now noise is not there on restart.

9 hours ago, AUS_Heracles said:

Deleted save games folder now noise is not there on restart.

Not sure if you noticed there was mention of something changed related to this in the patch notes for the latest beta, so it might be that rather than the deletion of your saved games that solved it.

10 hours ago, rob10 said:

Not sure if you noticed there was mention of something changed related to this in the patch notes for the latest beta, so it might be that rather than the deletion of your saved games that solved it.

Fixed switch 3 on the ground power panel activates AIM-9 growl

That was for the ground power switch, mine had nothing to do with that switch. In hind sight I should of checked first haha instead of just trying deleting saved games folder. 

• ED Team
On 9/19/2021 at 3:45 AM, AUS_Heracles said:

Fixed switch 3 on the ground power panel activates AIM-9 growl

That was for the ground power switch, mine had nothing to do with that switch. In hind sight I should of checked first haha instead of just trying deleting saved games folder. 

I am not able to reproduce, I only hear the AIM-9 when you enable it ( to disable the sound you are hearing )

its an odd one for sure

please attach a new track replay but do not disable the tone, leave it going 

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

I am not able to reproduce, I only hear the AIM-9 when you enable it ( to disable the sound you are hearing )

its an odd one for sure

please attach a new track replay but do not disable the tone, leave it going 

Noise is now gone. Don't know if it was the latest update or me deleting my saved games folder.