Apparently Dora owns... but how?

Belphe

Hi,

What is the suggested AI skill level to simulate the usual difficulty encoutered when fighting in the Dora and truly show her abilities? I try facing P-51Ds and Spitfires AI with Veteran skills and I get owned pretty easily. At the same time I kill them in the 109. Flying the Spitfire I smoke the AI even on Ace difficulty.

Any tips?

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes, I find that the AI Mustangs can out climb, out dive and out turn the Dora 😕

I do try to play to to the aircraft’s strengths (badly, it seems) - ie will try to extend away with a shallow dive to gain speed, followed by a shallow to moderate angle climb (intending to turn back through a -45deg roll / slash back onto the target)

Do the AI Mustangs lose energy? Don’t really know, but I do know that I find it very difficult to disengage

• Like 1

On 9/3/2021 at 12:05 PM, Belphe said:

Hi,

What is the suggested AI skill level to simulate the usual difficulty encoutered when fighting in the Dora and truly show her abilities? I try facing P-51Ds and Spitfires AI with Veteran skills and I get owned pretty easily. At the same time I kill them in the 109. Flying the Spitfire I smoke the AI even on Ace difficulty.

Any tips?

If you are playing instant action missions, channel for example, open them in mission builder and change your speeds there. Ai have massive energy advantage in those as they start around 700km/h and your speed is 450km/h. Also change your wingman to veteran so he stands a better change against ai.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]