Prevent catapult 1 & 2 from being used

Limaro

Hi,

I am trying to create a carrier with a lot of stuff on it. A bit like in reality, where the whole area of catapult 1 & 2 are full of people and aircrafts. Doing so, my KI planes don't take off - i guess it's because 1&2 are not free for launch.

Is there a way to "shut down" these to catapults or to instruct KI planes to use a specific one?

Regards

Limaro

Windows 11 Pro 64Bit - AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD 6900 XT - 64 GB RAM

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Base, VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip

Not at the moment. Every parking spot on the carrier has a path for the AI, which leads to one specific cat (they don't care if it's blocked or not). To successfully prevent AI from taxiing to that cat, you will have to block some of the parking spots. 

3 hours ago, Limaro said:

How can I block the parking spots? - or do you mean by placing things on them?

Note if you want to use static aircraft to block parking slots: some patches ago i used Static F-18A for blocking parking slots but now you need to use the static F-18C because the A version doesn´t have collision box now and they don´t block anything no more.

Screen_210907_221455.png

1.jpg

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Have a look at my RunwaysandRoutes file , I have Cat 1 shut down.  (And also helo spots 1-4)  I use cat 1 area for parking and statics, etc...

Look at lines after "GT.TaxiForTORoutes = " I just changed anything going to cat 1 to cat 2.  Works for me, hopefully for you.  A bit playing around you can route things all over the deck..

Mine was in: (your DCS install folder here)\CoreMods\tech\USS_Nimitz\scripts

USS_Nimitz_RunwaysAndRoutes.lua

Capture72.JPG

Edited by Reccelow
added pic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/28/2021 at 11:35 AM, Reccelow said:

Have a look at my RunwaysandRoutes file , I have Cat 1 shut down.  (And also helo spots 1-4)  I use cat 1 area for parking and statics, etc...

Look at lines after "GT.TaxiForTORoutes = " I just changed anything going to cat 1 to cat 2.  Works for me, hopefully for you.  A bit playing around you can route things all over the deck..

USS_Nimitz_RunwaysAndRoutes.lua 16.02 kB · 278 downloads

Capture72.JPG

Thank you for this script. I would like to let everyone knows that it is still working in 2.9

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Would be cool if there was a GUI in the PriFly for staging.  Something like the RedKite scripts but with a GUI attached.  Would be great if it you could schedule and/or command changes on the fly, assign cats to flights, and have interaction with the ready room.

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

On 3/4/2024 at 7:29 PM, Uxi said:

Would be cool if there was a GUI in the PriFly for staging.  Something like the RedKite scripts but with a GUI attached.  Would be great if it you could schedule and/or command changes on the fly, assign cats to flights, and have interaction with the ready room.

Would be cool to have Ouija Board.

ON08_HTW_Flash_631x300.webp

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

On 9/28/2021 at 6:35 PM, Reccelow said:

USS_Nimitz_RunwaysAndRoutes.lua 16.02 kB · 306 downloads

Capture72.JPG

Hi, can it works in multiplayer?