Questions about the next major update and the ea situation.

IDontLikeBigbrother

2 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

I haven't seen any such notice here on the forums. I don't know what they do on Hoggit :dunno:

you replied directly to it about 14 posts above this one

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

50 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

It's literally in this thread on the 3rd page 😛 Honestly I'm not expecting anything substantial today. If they thought stuff was going to slip one month ago, it's highly unlikely it won't have slipped more in the meantime (especially with issues like the Tomcat's lighting being broken again...).

46 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

you replied directly to it about 14 posts above this one

They just said there, that it might come a little later in November, but as todays patch is probably the last November patch it has to be today. Untill ED releases another patch next week, which I kinda doubt.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

24 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

They just said there, that it might come a little later in November, but as todays patch is probably the last November patch it has to be today. Untill ED releases another patch next week, which I kinda doubt.

On 10/18/2021 at 5:15 PM, Cobra847 said:

This might mean the Viggen patch will arrive towards late November rather than the middle

I think we read things differently. For me a patch arriving does not necessarly mean to us mortals.  I take as meaning reaching completion for submission to ED for future inclusion in the next patch release.

Hope Im wrong - if its any consolation, I usually am.

If not I look forawrd to reading about how a single rivet on the top side of the F14s port main carriage bay roof has been reprofiled.........

EDIT - hate to be that guy 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/openbeta/2.7.8.16140/

Edited by Boosterdog

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

11 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

Should we really be surprised though, its been like this for like a year now. I've given up all hope tbh.

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

The next patches until the next big one i December will be hot fixes. I wouldnt categorize the major Viggen update as a hot fix.

Mno, Im sorry. I think this might have been it for me and HB products, until they are well out of EA.

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

1 minute ago, MYSE1234 said:

Should we really be surprised though, its been like this for like a year now. I've given up all hope tbh.

I  felt I had fair warning from HB. I have faith in in ts inclusion in the next OB patch whenever that is. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Boosterdog said:

I  felt I had fair warning from HB

Sure, but it really is annoying that the pattern is always the same. We keep hearing about all the stuff the Viggen is going to get, and once it's time to deliver, time and time again, they do not come through. The Viggen doesn't even need much to push it to full completion, but they have consistently decided to allocate resources elsewhere.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Sure, but it really is annoying that the pattern is always the same. We keep hearing about all the stuff the Viggen is going to get, and once it's time to deliver, time and time again, they do not come through. The Viggen doesn't even need much to push it to full completion, but they have consistently decided to allocate resources elsewhere.

Fair comment. Im happy they continue to communicate so positively TBH. I know you could say it aint worth a hill of beans but Id sooner it be this way than have no communication at all (unless its selling us something). I choose to remain hopeful things will be delivered in due course.

• Like 2

This is the mid November patch that we initially targeted to ship Viggen changes with (it was originally scheduled for the 14th). It's what I was referencing in my previous post on us moving to the next one instead as the massive F-14 patch took too much out of us to realistically make it.

I can understand being frustrated that the Viggen hasn't seen major changes for a while, but not shipping changes with today's update is exactly what I announced in this post. I'm not sure how I can be clearer. I know having to wait is frustrating; it is for us too, but we're trying to make this a great one.

FWIW; our entire staff is currently working on the Viggen and we still expect to complete this patch by late November.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Cobra847:

I can understand being frustrated that the Viggen hasn't seen major changes for a while, but not shipping changes with today's update is exactly what I announced in this post. I'm not sure how I can be clearer.

This might means the Viggen patch will arrive towards late November mid-December rather than the middle-November as initially envisioned.

Fixed it for you 😉

Thanks for keeping us up-to-date and looking forward to the upcoming changes.

• Like 1

To speak in more concrete terms, generally what to expect from this upcoming update is a large revision of either simplistically implemented, non functioning or simply buggy systems/issues in general. Everything from some weapons being fire-able from the ground, to the radar stick animations and it now functioning as a fluid axis, to gear damage not working, to systems such as oxygen and pressurization being incomplete - and finally to more chunky feature additions (cockpit graphical improvements and new soundset, etc).

It should end up being a 60-70 item changelog at the minimum and will hopefully bridge the gap between our current standards and the ones we had at the time the Viggen released. We've roadmapped out an additional significant chunk of development resources just after, to iterate on your feedback once shipped to polish away what we'll roughen up (inevitably!) in addition to this.

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

34 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

... to polish away what we'll roughen up (inevitably!) in addition to this.

LOL, yep, that might happen.
Seeing not even one bug fixed makes me think: ok, I'll focus on the new functions of the F-16. Since a few months this bird speeds up massively, faster than I am currently able to keep track (AND training).
In the near future, once I got enough of this modern digital freaking shitty display symbols datalink superboring stuff not seeing one enemy close, I come back to the oldish Viggen, and again find the love of my life.

I kindly ask you to have the beast ready then :biggrin:

Edited by TOViper
  • Like 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

44 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

To speak in more concrete terms, generally what to expect from this upcoming update is a large revision of either simplistically implemented, non functioning or simply buggy systems/issues in general. Everything from some weapons being fire-able from the ground, to the radar stick animations and it now functioning as a fluid axis, to gear damage not working, to systems such as oxygen and pressurization being incomplete - and finally to more chunky feature additions (cockpit graphical improvements and new soundset, etc).

It should end up being a 60-70 item changelog at the minimum and will hopefully bridge the gap between our current standards and the ones we had at the time the Viggen released. We've roadmapped out an additional significant chunk of development resources just after, to iterate on your feedback once shipped to polish away what we'll roughen up (inevitably!) in addition to this.

That's all fine but why weren't any Tomcat fixes included? FM, lighting etc. It seems like you are jumping back and forth between the Viggen and Tomcat all the time and in turn delaying progress of both, making both userbases pretty unhappy. Didn't you literally say in the past how the Tomcat was supposed to be out of EA by March and then by the end of this year? This goal now seems nowhere close given the past and recent progress. Not trying to be rude here just giving some honest feedback as a long term customer of all your products. 

2 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

This is the mid November patch that we initially targeted to ship Viggen changes with (it was originally scheduled for the 14th). It's what I was referencing in my previous post on us moving to the next one instead as the massive F-14 patch took too much out of us to realistically make it.

I can understand being frustrated that the Viggen hasn't seen major changes for a while, but not shipping changes with today's update is exactly what I announced in this post. I'm not sure how I can be clearer. I know having to wait is frustrating; it is for us too, but we're trying to make this a great one.

FWIW; our entire staff is currently working on the Viggen and we still expect to complete this patch by late November.

I guess what's confusing about this is that for us customers it's (probably) a December patch, not a November patch.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

49 minutes ago, Airhunter said:

That's all fine but why weren't any Tomcat fixes included? FM, lighting etc. It seems like you are jumping back and forth between the Viggen and Tomcat all the time and in turn delaying progress of both, making both userbases pretty unhappy. Didn't you literally say in the past how the Tomcat was supposed to be out of EA by March and then by the end of this year? This goal now seems nowhere close given the past and recent progress. Not trying to be rude here just giving some honest feedback as a long term customer of all your products. 

There are plenty of F-14 / Forrestal fixes ready / in the pipeline; they just weren't ready for this patch. We just launched a gigantic F-14 patch on October 28th. It's not really realistic to ship changes every single patch (unfortunately). We need time to get feedback (or plan) -> develop -> test -> QA -> deliver. ED sets the patch schedule, sometimes we are not comfortable shipping anything for a specific patch.

That said we had a few critical hotfix items (F-14 cockpit floodlights) that mistakenly were not included by us, they'll be available in the next hotfix instead.

• Like 6

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

You can be as clear as you like and yes Cobra you really did thank you for that but as you also said we have been waiting a long time for a big patch for the ol'reliable. No offense I really mean it with great gratitude that we can talk about it at all.

It should also be a positive sign for you that the Viggen community cares if a patch is coming or not. There's nothing more to say except pity and I hope the patch will come sometime.

just my 2 cents

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Alpiinoo said:

Thank you @Cobra847. And viggen's vapour planned? Like tomcat. 

We want to improve/add vapor effects for all our modules at some point, however with this patch we are in majority focusing on fixing long-standing issues. 🙂

• Like 6

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

Just a little heads up, everyone. It seems there will not be a second patch at the end of November, so we kindly ask for your patience for the coming December patch. We have a date internally, but I will not say it here, to not eat my own words again, I will say just this: it is planned well into the first half of December (and no matter how soon in December, this time we will be ready).

Our sincere apologies again that you have to wait a couple weeks more, but the upside is: we can actually fix even more for the Viggen. Since the big Tomcat patch in October, all of us have been focused real hard on the Viggen, and it will be a big one. The important thing here imo is to get everything right and wrapped nicely and tested well, and while I do understand your frustration that you have to wait a bit more, from where I am looking at it, it is positive that we involuntarily got a bit more time by not being quite ready for the previous one. There is no need to give up hope guys, as some mentioned, this is why we keep you in the loop so that you know what is happening. And I can assure you, it will have been worth the wait.

Thank you again for your very kind patience with us.

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 4

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

1 hour ago, Spirale said:

Thx Mike for this head up...appreciate this. I guess we'll be happy in december even if i am bit frustrated at the moment.

I fully understand, and so were we a bit, but doing 2 massive patches within 3 weeks is just unrealistic. We were hoping November patch would have been further back, as the October patch as well, as in last week in November, for which we would have been ready. It's basically around 10 days on top of that, so I hope not the end of the world. And it lets us squeeze in even more now. 🙂 

• Like 6

Heatblur Simulations