Update dcs 2.7 problem

serginio
Go to solution Solved by serginio,

32 minutes ago, JagHond said:

Thanks a lot, dear mate, but actually we (together with ED technicians) are still seeking for it.

After finished, I will share this information gladly. Promised.

With best regards.

Certainly, best of luck!

• Like 1

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

16 ore fa, Top Jockey ha scritto:

Certainly, best of luck!

Your wishes went out fine, dear mate. Thanks a lot!

Just a moment ago I was able to close successfully my assistance ticket, thanks only to the kind and very close help by ED technician guys, who have been even more stubborn than how I am - and I have said all.

The final statement was that there was "something" well hidden in my PC/system blocking any kind of attempt to connect to ED updating server(s). The only case in all over the world, probably, no one reported anything of this kind except for me - better for anyone else, but worse for me.

The solution came straight following this procedure: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-boot-your-computer-in-safe-mode-with-networking-windows/ta-p/5450#.

It was as simple as it was to be acted, and after I booted my PC in safe with Internet mode I was able to update my DCS without any lack of time in doing it and successfully, most of all.

But, more weird than all, when we tried to do that again this morning, all the issues... vanished. And we were able to update, repair... do all those task I was forbidden to make, in short.

Let's see what will happen with the next update when it will be released.

But if these are the premises, I am hoping in well. I have at hand an alternative recover procedure, otherwise.

By the way, I got to solve one more weird issue, concerning that I wasn't able to open a support ticket. I have been shown (thanks again, ED techs) that I was able to do that using the English version of DCS main site, and not the localized one, still not ready for such tasks. As an Italian, I comment that with... bah 🤣

With best regards to all.

Edited by JagHond
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, JagHond said:

Your wishes went out fine, dear mate. Thanks a lot!

Just a moment ago I was able to close successfully my assistance ticket, thanks only to the kind and very close help by ED technician guys, who have been even more stubborn than how I am - and I have said all.

The final statement was that there was "something" well hidden in my PC/system blocking any kind of attempt to connect to ED updating server(s). The only case in all over the world, probably, no one reported anything of this kind except for me - better for anyone else, but worse for me.

The solution came straight following this procedure: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-articles/how-to-boot-your-computer-in-safe-mode-with-networking-windows/ta-p/5450#.

It was as simple as it was to be acted, and after I booted my PC in safe with Internet mode I was able to update my DCS without any lack of time in doing it and successfully, most of all.

But, more weird than all, when we tried to do that again this morning, all the issues... vanished. And we were able to update, repair... do all those task I was forbidden to make, in short.

Let's see what will happen with the next update when it will be released.

But if these are the premises, I am hoping in well. I have at hand an alternative recover procedure, otherwise.

By the way, I got to solve one more weird issue, concerning that I wasn't able to open a support ticket. I have been shown (thanks again, ED techs) that I was able to do that using the English version of DCS main site, and not the localized one, still not ready for such tasks. As an Italian, I comment that with... bah 🤣

With best regards to all.

Very good then.

Sometimes in IT world, problems appear from who knows where...

have a good flying!

• Like 2

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

• 3 months later...

This just worked for me as well.  I was unable to install the recent 2 hot fixes.  The error I would get was, "DCS servers are unable to complete your request."  So I restarted in safe mode with networking and was able to download all updates and install all my modules after an attempt at a clean install.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

Just an update.  I found this problem is not from DCS.  I am also having a problem updating other sim/games as well outside of steam.  Windows 10 update maybe?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 4790K / EVGA 1080ti SC / 32GB DDR3 / 1TB SSD / Oculus Rift S / X-56 / MFG Crosswind V2 / ButtKicker + Simshaker for Aviators

I would think that something critical in your Windows has been corrupted, maybe - as I happened to find out in my case, similar to yours as seems.

Have you considered the opportunity to uninstall and reinstall Windows instead?

Good luck and with best regards.

Edited by JagHond

20 hours ago, Gunrun_KS said:

I found this problem is not from DCS.  I am also having a problem updating other sim/games as well outside of steam.  Windows 10 update maybe?

A common suggestion is to :-

Open cmd.exe as Administrator*, then type in 

• sfc /scannow

... and after that 

• dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Reboot and try again

* Type "cmd" in windows search, right click on "Command Prompt" and run as an administrator.

sfc scans your registry for errors and dism compares your windows libraries against windows update

Comment

It's a "health check" and something I often find myself doing when Steam starts acting "funny" (i.e. game updates keeping asking to be installed), after a Windows 10 update.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080